Forbidden

"Shall we, gentlemen?"

The Warehouse owner gestured to my boss and man that they can finally have a look at the inside. Making man's trail after him.

Today, Gio and Stefano end up accompanied Lorenzo's business work, one of Lorenzo's projects he started with Boris Andreyev, The Russian wealthy investor, that would make a final deal in becoming partners. Following closely behind was the short man, Boris Counsellor, who was quietly talking with Boris. Gio and Stefano are right behind them.

Whatever Lorenzo wanted to do behind's Boris back with the warehouse stays unknown.

Entering the warehouse, guards following behind. Just from one look, you can see they did not maintain the area enough. Leaving the rooftop full-field with the holes, letting the pigeons enter the space and make the Warehouse their home. I was walking carefully not to step on any bird faeces. Bruna was restraining herself from laughing at me.

As the man was getting deeper into the empty room, Guards stayed behind, scattered around the room closer to the walls, keeping watch on anything unusual.

Bruna stopped right next to me.

"What's up with you today" Bruna finally exclaimed as a man get further into the abdomen area.

"Nothing," I muttered, as I was standing, my eyes on particular men.

"Pf and I can sing," she said sarcastically, as I send her an uninterested look.

"The moment you stepped into the car, you went full out, not just your normal professional shut down, but like you were trying not to get notice," she says quietly, grabbing me gently by my shoulders, turning me to herself.

"Bruna, "I hissed quietly, showing her arm from my shoulder, letting her know not to touch me.

"What," she smiles, not bothering at my reaction "You are still not over me answering your phone"

"I am on duty, Bruna," I say, still mad at her.

Well, not at her.

"You need to relax. It was just Nick, your friend. And I never talked to him, so I took the chance."

"I understand, Bruna, but not in the car. I could call him after and let you have whatever conversation you wanted with him."

"What, oh please, it's not like Mr La Morte will fire you or something like that."

Well, after him sending glares through the rear-view mirror, I think I am done.

He didn't like that.

Bruna was looking at me, waiting for me to confirm, but when I kept a serious face, her smile disappears.

"Wait," she says, comes closer to me. "Is there something that I don't know?"

I keep quiet.

"This has nothing to do with me answering the phone, it's something else?"

I tried to avert my look, but she wasn't having that.

"Tell me, you know you always can tell me whatever it is," she says, taking her bottle of water.

I bite my lip, looking around as if someone could hear me. Am I going to say to her?

Carefully stepping closer to her, if I wanted to tell her, now it's the perfect time to do that. Attracting no attention from the man.

"I kissed Gio..." I whispered, letting the secret out in the open just for her. The secret that was making me feel like it's not letting me breathe.