One of them

The first thing I felt was, slightly pulsating at the back of my head.

Groan slips from my mouth, blinking few times to get used to the sun. I look, frowning at the surroundings. Absorbing the familiar decoration around the apartment. The walls were decorated with white paint and royal blue curtains covering the end of the window stretching down to the floor.

I groan again, massaging my scalp.

What happened last night?

I try to stand up, but then I felt the weight of something across my torso, already by the feeling I knew what it was, but I dared myself to look.

I slowly look down my body and there across the blanked was manly hand tucked with a rose decorating upper part of the person's fist.

I froze, looking at the tattoo at the so well known dark lines of tattoo standing there as she is mocking me.

Elenora, what did you do!

Staring at the rose, like it would make her disappear from the person's hand.

It can't be him!

My stare breaks the slight puffs of breathing, tickling my skin at the back of my neck, sending shivers down my body. I could feel his body against my back. His broad shoulders, a strong arm embracing me from the back, one leg tangled with my own.

I finally turn my head.

Please don't be him, please don't be him.

I hold my breath when I look at the man behind me.

Giovanni La Morte

Giovanni La Morte

What the fuck, Elenora.

How did this happen?

Gio was still sleeping.

His hard face was now peacefully relaxed, his lips were slightly parted and eyebrows that were always narrowed were now relaxed. It was as I am looking at the another person, not my Boss.

How could the man, that so many people fear just from his hard stare, now look cute?

Cute?

Keep yourself together, Elenora.

And his lips...

I was so lost, looking at him, that I didn't notice that my fingers were just inches from his lips, stopping my hand, not moving.

I blush, realizing what just the second ago I wanted to do.

What am I doing, why am I not running? I have to go, no this can't happen, I can't let myself do this.

I slowly move my hand far away from him, slowly untangle my legs from his under the sheets and slowly slide myself from him, throwing the looks back at him, trying not to wake him up.

I fall on the floor with a loud thud. I bring up my head fast and see Gio stir against the pillow but continue sleeping.

I exhaled from relief.

I stand up and see that I am wearing a black shirt; I look back at Gio and see his bare chest.

Why was I even undress, did we had...

Did we, did we have sex?

No, no, no Elenora.

I would be sore and I would know, there would be the pain. My virgin card was long gone, but after the breakup with my ex-boyfriend I let myself get buried with work, leaving my sexual life untouched.