Walk of shame

Tightening my black 1460 mono fur-lined.

I was finally ready.

Looking myself at in the mirror, I was satisfied with the way I looked. Wearing a familiar black combination, black jeans, and a v-neck black T-shirt that was tucked at the front of my jeans. I reached out for my wristwatch that was placed on the drawer that was under the mirror. After tightening my wristwatch around my wrist I stretched out for the Black Glock 42 that was now placed beside the empty place where wristwatch was once been.

Looking again at the watch and it said it was five am.

Right on the time.

" Mr. Monneti- Do you copy?" the voice leaked through my earpiece.

" Yes Sir" answering I made a path towards the hotel room door. Turning around to do the last check, she doesn't need to forget something, she wouldn't return soon.

Turning off the light, I closed the room. Sliding my hotel card in my back pocket.

" Jupiter, five minutes till you need to take over your shift."

" Yes Sir, I am on my way" I gave a short answer.

Jupiter was one of the Code names that I was given when I started to work for the La Morte family. I wasn't the only one, everyone that works for La Morte family has to have couple Code names. You don't have any choice of choosing your Code name. Your Code name stays with you even if you are six feet under the ground.

You know what I mean.

I made a path towards the elevator that was at the end of the hall, only the dim lights were turned on that were at the edge of the walls.

I pushed the button and waited.

After a few seconds, the elevator door slides open. I looked up and saw Enzo Mendoza.

Enzo Mendoza was an associate that she worked as long as she remembers. He works one year longer compared to her. And after

she was assigned to Giovanni La Morte she was paired with Enzo Mendoza.

He has piercing blue eyes, black hair that he nicely made up on one side. He was wearing a black suit jacket and trousers. It accented on his well-built body. Under his suit jacket was a white collared dress shirt with a black tie.

I looked down at his hands that at this time were holding two cups of coffee.

I almost shrieked.

" Is this for me?" I entered excited into the elevator, reaching out my right hand like a predator that needs to have a coffee in the morning to survive.

But he moved from my reach.

" Not even "Good morning" " he asked showing the fake disapproving.

I rolled my eyes still trying to steal a cup from his hand.

"No, No" He chuckled bringing his arms up.

"Hello," I said not caring.

I need that cup!

He looked at me seriously.

" Good morning," I said with a smile that screamed psychotic.

" That doesn't look like you mean it," he said and added, " But I don't want to fight the beast" he winked at me handing me one of the cups.

"HA-HA-HA" I mimicked him which made him laugh more.

" Had a good sleep?" I asked me while I was taking the sip of my coffee pleased with the liquid entering my body.