(1) Memories

Your POV

Flashback

"J-just stay wh-where you are at (y/n)." Your mom said, setting you down on a log in the forest. You tried to grab her but she quickly pulled back.

"M-mommy wh-why are you lea-ving?" You bawled. You were only 6 and didn't know much in life.

"You burnt our house, you almost killed us, and you hold the triforce! You will have us hunted by Ganandorf!" Your father yelled at you.

"I-I didn't mean to. I-I didn't know." I whispered.

"Come on (m/n). Were leaving." Your father said coldly and walking to the families horse. Your mom followed. You dad jumped on the horse and helped your mom up.

They started leaving. Your mom looked back at you with sadness plastered all over her face, but your father looked at you with utter disgust. He thought you were a monster.

They both turned and rode off, leaving you in the forest where hundreds of monsters are around.

You slumped against a tree and started to cry. After a while you heard rustling in the bushes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present day
Your POV

I started walking around Kokiri village with a bow in hand, arrows on my back, and a sword at my side. I was daydreaming about the day when I bumped into someone.

"Oh. Sorry." I looked down and saw a little girl on her bottom. I grabbed her hand and helped her up.

"It's okay..." She said looking up. Her eyes widened, "Princess (y/n) please forgive me." She bowed.

"Oh, it's okay sweety. And no need to say Princess or bow." I put my index finger under her chin and lifted her head up. I looked at her clothes and her face. She was dirty and she looked very skinny. "What's your name?"

"Sammy"

"Where are your parents?"

"They live by the Dark Forest."

"Okay. Let's go." I held my arms to her and she jumped into them. I picked her up and started walking to her home.

When we got there I saw that their house was a small cottage. When I got to the door, the door swung open and little kids came out running.

"Sammy! Come on let's play!" They screamed. I looked at her and she nodded. I put her down and they started playing.

I looked back at the door and saw her parents walking towards me.

"Hello. Are you Sammy's parents?"

"Yes Princess (y/n)."

"You could just call me (y/n). What's your names? ... If you don't mind."

"I'm Mary and this is my husband John." Mary pointed to her husband.

"Hello..."

"Ok... Kids come on let's go. It's getting dark. The monsters will be out soon." John yelled at the kids. He looked back at me, "Sorry we have to go. Night."

They all started to walk back in the house.

"Wait. Did you guys eat yet?" I asked them.

"N-no. Were very poor."

"Oh... you guys want me to hunt for food."

"Nonono. It's too much trouble."

"It's fine I was going to go hunt anyways. And that's easy for me."

"Are you sure you're a Princess?!" John said laughing.

"Honey! Be nice!" Mary hit him a little bit.

"No, it's okay. I get that a lot. I'm not really a Princess. Well... I am. But not by blood. I was made one when Princess Zelda found me in the forest. I never liked the dresses and makeup stuff. I'd rather hunt and go on adventures."

"Okay. But how about you go hunting tomorrow since it's already dark."

"Sure."

"Mommy! Daddy! Can (y/n) come back and play with us tomorrow?" Sammy said running up to her parents.

"Sam. Where are your manners?"

"It's okay." I looked at Sammy. "And I will be back to see you." Sammy beamed with delight. She then ran off to her brothers and sisters, telling them what's going to happen tomorrow. I looked at her parents and noticed that they were eyeing me. "What? I love to play with kids."

"Really? They can be a handful sometimes."

"I'll be fine. See you guys tomorrow." I said waving good bye to them, while walking away.

"See you tomorrow." They waved back.

While I was walking I saw two glowing red dots in the trees. I blinked and they were gone. I shook it off and started walking again.

When I got to the castle Zelda opened the doors and ran up to me. She tackled me in a hug.

"Whoa Zelda hey."

"Hey (y/n). I have some news." She said pulling back.

I looked at her confused. "What news?"

"Links coming back."
/////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys this is my first fanfic. I hope I did a good job. If you I think I did something wrong please tell me. I'd like to make this a good book for you guys.