Chapter 14

Another Chapter, another night spent writing. Hope you guys enjoy it and please do vote.
Thanks for the support you guys give this story. I honestly didn't think people would like this but y'all proved me wrong. Thank you.

Also can't believe Messi is a PSG player, wow. Never though he would leave, especially under the circumstances. I wonder how Barca will bounce back from this.

Now, onto the story.

"Come on, one more."

Currently pushing back the weights, Naruto sighed in relief. The team arrived back in Madrid the day before and the team were ready to bounce back from the painful defeat.

It was no surprise to the staff when most of the players arrived early at the gym, with Ronaldo having texted the whole squad the night before that they should do some work if they could make it.

Unsurprisingly, they had accepted the invitation, most using the defeat as motivation to get better.

"Nice one Ruto," Ronaldo said as he helped lift the weight for Naruto, spotting for him.

"On to the next one?" The Portuguese native asked as Naruto just nodded his head, his face focused as he went to the opposite machine, the leg press.

Ronaldo helped him set the weight that won't be more than he could handle. With a grunt, he started his reps. Each push took a lot of effort but he needed to keep focus. He needed to strengthen his body and with Ronaldo to guide him it still wasn't an easy task.

"Argh." Naruto hissed as he did another rep, his muscles were starting to complain as he was into a few hours of strenuous exercise.

Fighting through the pain, he managed to complete the set.

"Nice one," Ronaldo said. Offering his hand to the blonde, helping him up.

"Thanks," he said accepting the hand.

He immediately felt pain as he had to fall back on the bench.

"What's wrong?"

Naruto had to stop himself from clutching his ankle as he did his best to ignore the pain.

"N-Nothing. Just a cramp," He said waving it off.

His teammate, on the other hand, wasn't so sure but he couldn't force the blonde so he just shrugged it off.

"I think we should call it a day," Ronaldo said stretching his hand to the youngster.

"An ice bath doesn't sound so bad right now," Naruto joked as he was helped off the bench.

"You don't need need to tell me twice," They laughed as they went to the Cryotherapy room to relieve their aching muscles.

.

.

.

Done with gym work and a round of cryotherapy, Naruto arrived at his front door exhausted. Thoughts of his bed filled his mind, he swore he could imagine every corner of the furniture in great detail.

All he cared about was getting on that mattress and drifting off into blissful darkness.

He opened the door and was assaulted by voices in his home, voices he wasn't familiar with.

It didn't take long as he walked past the living room, the voices getting louder as he listened. Laughter was heard, the source coming from Karin's room.

A strange smell entered his nostrils causing him to frown, he didn't like it one bit. The voices became audible as he got closer.

"And he said that for real?" A male voice said.