Chapter 15

"I thought when you said I could come over to the studio, it would be fun,"

Naruto said, bored out of his mind as he sat down on the nearby swivel chair, spinning back and forth.

Karin just ignored her cousin's childish behaviour as she focused on her work.

"Like doesn't music happen here? I was promised some form of entertainment at least," He said as he slowly got on her nerves.

"If I remember correctly YOU asked to come," She said, glaring at him from the corner of her eye.

He grinned sheepishly, "well I had nothing to do after practice and I didn't think it would be this boring."

"And Kim wasn't around for your hopeless romantic ass?" She retorted.

"Haha very funny," He said dryly.

Silence fell between them as her attention went back to the laptop in front of her as she continued working, leaving the blonde alone to boredom.

Getting tired of hearing his chair squeak back and forth, she got an idea.

"You know what?" She asked seeing her cousin trying to balance a pen on his nose.

"Why don't you listen to one of the songs I've been working on and tell me what you think about it?" She asked.

"Sure," He said excitedly, like a child who had been given a new toy to play with.

"Here," She passed him her headphones which were plugged into her la,ptop.

"Tell me what you think."

Ghostride by Crumb

"Woah that's pretty good," Naruto said taking off the headphones.

"You're sure?" She asked seriously.

"Yeah it's Pretty good, can't wait for the album," He grinned giving her a thumbs up.

She had to bite her lips to keep her blush down but was successful as she just laid back into her chair.

"Thanks, I needed to hear that," she sighed, "The album has been super stressful to do. Like this is my breakout chance to get my music out there," she said with hope in her eyes.

"I just want it to be good,"

Naruto looked at her slightly taken back, he'd never seen his cousin so vulnerable... They were silent for a few seconds until he spoke.

"What about if I gave you a shout-out on social?"

He said as she raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well I have a bit over 200 thousand followers on Instagram alone, what if I have my-"

"No," She stopped him.

"You didn't let me finish," She shook her head at him.

"Naruto listen. I appreciate what you want to do but it's not me." She said.

"I don't understand?" He said a little bit downhearted.

"Well it's the same way you don't always want to be known as uncle Minato's son, you see?"

She said as his eyes widened in realization.

"That's the same way I am, I want people to know my music as mine, not as ''his cousin's''" She emphasised.