baking

if u want to listen to the song mentioned in this chapter here it is :) also it's one of my favs so i would just listen to it anyway it's so good

Katie carefully scooped the 1/2 of sugar she needed for the strawberry scone mix she was making. Baking was one of her favorite hobbies because if you followed the recipe exactly, there was no room for messing up. Katie could control everything she did in baking, and she knew the outcome wouldn't be bad if she followed the directions.

She dumped the sugar in with the rest of the ingredients she had in the bowl. Katie had been having a few bad days at work recently, and nothing calmed her more than baking. Distantly, she heard the music playing from the speakers around the house change to a different song. Katie always played music from her favorite playlist she made just for when she was baking.

Katie glanced up to see Travis still laying down on their couch reading, "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid. She turned back to her mixing bowl to start stirring the batter. Only a few seconds passed before Travis straightened and turned his attention to Katie.

He took a few seconds to admire how beautiful she looked with her hair tied back loosely and flour covering her shirt before saying, "I love this song!"

Katie looked up, the corners of her lips turned up in amusement as she watched her boyfriend stand up and start walking over to her.

"Dance with me Katie Kat." Travis said, not waiting for a response before taking her hand and pulling her towards him. He held her hand in his and rested his other hand on her waist. Travis had been told by Connor and his friends that he was an awful dancer, but Katie had seen him do a lot more embarrassing things than start slow dancing with her.

Katie laughed in surprise as she and Travis started dancing in their small kitchen. They had been living together for just over a year, and Travis had seen her stress-bake many, many times.

Travis gazed at Katie and smiled as he mouthed the words to her. "Though he may want you too, this boy wants you back again."

Katie smiled and wrapped her arms around Travis' neck as the music picked up. Travis easily slipped both of arms around her waist and folded his hands behind her back.

All of sudden though, he stepped away, took one of her hands, and twirled her around. Katie laughed at how ridiculous her boyfriend could be before taking one of his hands and twirling him too.

Travis smiled as he turned underneath her arm.

He then pulled her back into their previous position and started yelling the lyrics, causing Katie to laugh even harder.

"But oh my, that boy, won't be happy till he's seen you cry!" Travis yelled, still staring down at a laughing Katie.

Katie knew their neighbors would definitely come knock on their door for a noise complaint, but she couldn't even worry about that.

Right now, there was just Katie and her ridiculous boyfriend, dancing in a messy kitchen and badly singing along to a Beatles song.

so i just started seven husbands of evelyn hugo today so i thought i should add it, and decided that katie should also be a stress baker like me. anyways PLEASE VOTE ‼️

hope y'all are having a good summer tho💕