i love you

katie:

"Okay, next question. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?" Travis asked.

It was currently 1:00 in the morning, and delirium and sleep deprivation were pretty much the only thing keeping us going. Travis had managed to sneak into the Demeter cabin for the night, and we had been talking about anything that came to mind since. My arms were wrapped around his waist and my head was resting on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. His arms were also around me, and I could feel him gently playing with my hair.

"Edinburgh, Scotland." I stated.

"Really? Why?"

"My dad used to enter in all of those 'Win a free vacation by clicking here!' ads that showed up everywhere. We won 1 time, and it was a weeklong trip to Edinburgh. It's been my favorite place ever since then." I explained, feeling my eyes start to flutter shut at the memory.

"What did you like about it?" Travis asked quietly.

"Everything. The old buildings on every street, the bookstores, the little coffee shop that was 2 minutes away from our apartment. The people and their accents. It just felt like we were on a different planet than everyone else. I loved it." I could tell I was rambling, but Travis made no move to stop me.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Well, considering how amazing you made Edinburgh seem, probably Edinburgh." He replied. I could feel his breath fan across my head every time he spoke, and I tightened my grip around him.

"If I never talked about my undying love for Edinburgh, what would you have said?" I questioned, wanting to get a real answer out of him.

"Probably some boring answer like Italy." He said easily, smoothing down my hair.

I laughed at his response.

"Well, if we both want to go to Edinburgh, we should probably go together. To save money and stuff." Travis said, fiddling with my hair. When I looked up at him his cheeks were red and his blue eyes were focused on me.

He was nervous I would say no. Awww.

"Yeah, that'd probably be for the best." I replied with the same mock-formal tone he had.

I heard him sigh slightly in relief. It was quiet for a few moments and I felt myself slowly start to drift off to Travis' heartbeat.

"I love you." I heard him breathe out. Even with just the two of us here, I barely heard him whisper it.

My eyes widened as I turned to him with alarm on my face.

"What?" I demanded, sitting up completely now.

"I love you Katie Kat." He repeated, more sure of himself now.

My brows furrowed at him, and I frowned. He loved me? What? We had been dating for a few months, but I still thought there must still be a part of him that doesn't like me. Like there will be a permanent spot for him of me being his enemy.

I had abandoned that part a very long time ago, but what if Travis didn't?

"No you don't." I stated. Travis sat up, any trace of exhaustion gone from his face.

His lips quirked up in amusement. I wanted to punch him right now.

"I definitely do. I have loved you since we were 9 years old and I pulled on your hair because I thought you were pretty. I am a complete idiot and don't know a lot, but I know I love you."

I said nothing, I was frozen. Travis was still waiting for me to do something.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Look, if you don't feel the same way, you don't have to say it back. I just needed to tell you. And I'm sorry if I am freaking you out with this but I have just waited for so long. I waited for 7 years before finally asking you out and I didn't want to wait another 7 just to tell you I love you. I am so sick of all the time I spent pranking you knowing now that if I was just nice, we probably could've been doing this a while ago. Anyway, don't feel like you have to say it back if you don't-"

I cut him off by grabbing his face and kissing him. He immediately responded by moving his hands to rest on my waist. After finally pulling away, both of us out of breath, I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you too." I said.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be saying this just because I said it." Travis asked.

I nodded and pressed a quick and gentle kiss to his lips.

"I love you." I repeated. Now that I admitted it, I couldn't stop saying it. Or thinking about it. Of course I was in love with Travis. I don't know how I wasn't obsessing over it before, but now it all seems obvious. Constantly thinking about him, always smiling just at the thought of his name, trying not to laugh at all of the things he says, his laugh, looking to see if he thought the same joke was funny, trying to spot him at every activity. I was so obviously in love with Travis, I was just too dumb to realize it.

"I knew it." Travis said, smirking.

I laughed at him, not bothering to pretend to be mad at his comment.

I love him.

———————————————
2 years later:

travis:

I walked up behind Katie and wrapped my arms around her waist. She was standing on the balcony, drinking her tea and watching all of the people down on the street. It was only 7:30 in the morning, but there was already plenty of people moving down the street.

Katie leaned against my chest and I let my head fall down onto her shoulder.

"Good morning." She said, quietly.

"Morning." I replied, closing my eyes.

It was a cloudy day in Edinburgh. I could feel a few droplets fall onto me, but it hadn't actually started to rain. So far, our vacation was amazing. Hermes really outdid himself with this.

For my 18th birthday, I asked my dad for a trip to Edinburgh for Katie and I. He reluctantly agreed, but set us up with a hotel and plane tickets anyway.

I had surprised Katie with the trip a few days ago, and he reaction was priceless. Even better than her reaction to my pranks.

There was absolutely nothing better than staying with Katie in Scotland for a week. Even when I was pretending to be mad at her for making me sight see with her, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"I love you." I heard Katie say quietly.

A small smile spread across my face as she said that.

"I love you too."

IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN FOREVER BUT HERES A CHAPTER! THIS IS NOT EDITED FULLY YET BUT IF U ENJOY IT PLEASE VOTE ‼️