the deal p.2

remember when i said i would make this from katie's pov? i was lying!!!! change of plans guys 😇😇😇 also i am aware this is like a month late but i've been working 24/7!!! not fun!!!

CW: cursing 😧😧😧

travis:
I was well aware that what I was doing was a bad idea. However, almost everything I did was a bad idea, so this wasn't new. What was new was the nerves that struck me as I walked up to Katie.

"-Fireworks are always the best here. And everyone goes swimming and hangs out together so it's like a huge party. It really is the best." I heard Katie explain cheerfully as I neared her and Logan.

Logan. Despite telling him that Katie and I were a thing, however poorly I did it, I still caught him ogling her at every chance. Granted, I was doing the exact same thing, but still.

I didn't like it. At all.

"I heard from other campers that a lot of people go with dates. Are you?" Logan asked, a gleam in his eyes.

I watched from behind as she nervously tucked back a strand of hair. An action that I usually elicited from her when I flirted. Even from a few yards back though, I could tell she was uncomfortable.

"Um, no. But I think I'm just going to tag along with some of my friends." She replied, shifting on her feet.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we-"

"Hey guys." I said, walking up to the two of them and slipping an arm around Katie's waist from behind, acting like it was something natural. Like we did it all the time. Like the feeling of it didn't fill me with a rush of emotions too intense to explain.

For a moment I let myself imagine what it would be like to do this everyday. To touch Katie whenever I wanted. To walk around with her all the time and not have people question why. To flirt and joke with her in that unexplainably perfect way we were able to. I could tuck her hair back whenever I wanted, or tug her back to my side when I didn't want the conversation to end.

I couldn't see Katie's face, and right now that was probably a good thing. Logan on the other hand was scowling and not even trying to hide it.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked, attempting to play it cool. And silently praying Katie wouldn't punch me.

"Just the fireworks." Logan stated, eyes fixated on the spot where my hand was resting on Katie's waist.

"Oh, cool." I said blandly. "Got a date, Logan?" I asked, purposefully riling him up.

"No. Not yet." He ground out.

Katie was stiff against my body. Ever so slightly though, I could feel her slowly starting to relax against me.

"That's okay, I'm sure you'll get one eventually. And a lot of people go with their friends so maybe you could find a group to go with." I said, smirking at him arrogantly.

"Yeah. Thanks." Logan muttered, eyes flitting back to Katie's.

"So, I guess I'll see you around?" He asked, seeming a little more insecure now. My hand flexed at Katie's waist and she just nodded.

The minute he was gone from view, Katie spun around and shoved me away.

katie:
What. What. What. What?

What was going on with Travis? What just happened? What am I supposed to do?

My head was reeling and my heart was beating faster than I could focus on. The second his arm has snuck around my waist it felt like this intense volcano of emotions was building and building and waiting to erupt.