first kiss

travis:

"Nope!" Katie said suddenly, closing her book quickly and tossing it to the ground. I peaked an eye open before closing it again.

"What happened now?" I asked calmly, sighing slightly when a cool breeze pushed against me.

"I think my favorite character is about to die."

"Isn't she the main character?" I asked, still too relaxed to open my eyes.

It was a warm spring day at camp, and Katie and I were at our usual spot. Ever since we stopped being enemies, we realized we actually had more in common than we thought. Well, she realized that, I already knew. So, we started hanging out more, and now we met each other on the top of a small hill in the woods everyday. She was easily my best friend, second only to Connor.

I had my hands folded behind my head as I leaned back against a tree. Katie had been reading a book next to me, until now.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean she won't die." She answered, and I could practically hear her frown.

I sighed dramatically, finally opening my eyes. Katie scowled at me, but I could see she was fighting a small smile.

"If you keep reading, maybe you'll actually find out if she dies or not." I said, smirking at her.

"Or, I'll actually find out that she does die, and I will end up heartbroken." Katie replied, shifting so she was facing me directly.

I grinned, watching as she smiled back. Another breeze blew against us, pushing Katie's hair until it covered her face.

She pushed it away impatiently, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't laugh at me." Katie said, but I could hear the smile in her voice.

Gods, I want to kiss her.

The familiar thought reappeared as she finally forced her hair into a ponytail. I had liked Katie since we were 9, and even though I preferred being friends over enemies, it was still hard sometimes. Hearing her call me a friend sent a both a shiver of excitement and dread down my spine. Excited that she did actually enjoy my company, dread that she didn't feel the same way about me.

Because I loved her. Before, I would pretend I didn't because I thought it was ridiculous to love someone who was only a friend. I refused to be one of those guy best friends who spent years pining after a girl who could never feel the same way. But I knew it was true. I loved Katie more than anything else in the world.

From the moment I woke up, to the moment I fell asleep, I thought of her. It didn't matter what I was doing, I wanted to be with her. I wanted to know if she thought the same joke was funny, I wanted to make her laugh, I wanted to talk with her about anything and everything, and I wanted to be near her. I could tell when she walked in the room because it felt like my whole body came alive. Like electricity suddenly charged the air, and my body was finally awake.

I loved Katie, and I didn't think she felt the same way.

Recently, however, it felt seemed like things we changing. Sometimes, I caught her staring at me the same way I stared at her. Or when she would smile at me, and she held it a little longer than usual. I'm sure I was just imagining everything, but maybe I wasn't. Maybe Katie loved me too. Or, at least liked me.

I unfolded my hands from behind my head as I pushed myself up to be closer.

"Oh Katie Kat, you know I would never." I said drily, smirking as Katie blushed slightly.

She crossed her arms and rolled her green eyes.

"I know that you laugh at me all the time." She replied.

"You just make it so easy!" I exclaimed, causing her to finally laugh.

I smiled at her, glad to hear her laugh again.

"Well most of the time, it's not my fault." Katie said, smiling up at me.

I shrugged, feeling my grin spread across my face.

The moment seemed to shift, and now I realized just how close our bodies actually were. Katie seemed to notice it too and I watched as her eyes widened slightly. I could see all of the different shades of green in her eye, and the tiny freckles that went across her nose.

She looked up at me, and it almost seemed like she was asking me a question. To whatever it was, the only thought that was crossing my mind right now was Kiss her.

I glanced once down at her lips, and then couldn't look up. Another breeze pushed her hair into her face, and I cautiously lifted my hand to tuck it behind her ear. I heard Katie gasp quietly, and I looked up at her.

Before I couldn't overthink it too much, I gently pushed my lips up against hers.

When people describe their first kiss in books, they always say it's like fireworks, or something as equally dramatic. This wasn't like that. Somewhere in the back of my mind, kissing Katie felt inevitable. Like everything we did, the fighting and arguing and talking, was all just leading up to this. It felt simple and perfect and right.

Katie's hand came up to my cheek, and she gently kissed me back. In a burst of confidence, my hands snuck around to her back and I pushed her closer to me.

Yeah, this was right.

When we finally had to pull apart, I could feel Katie smiling against me.

"I was wondering when you would do that." Katie said softly, grinning as she looked up at me.

I scoffed, even as I laughed. I grabbed Katies hand and tugged her abruptly against my chest, falling backwards until I was laying down.

Katie let out a squeal as she tightened her arms around me.

"I was wondering when I would do that too." I murmured quietly.

so i literally hate this. anyway i'm alive!!!!!! so sorry i haven't been posting i jsut seem to be getting ideas about a one shot and then i have 0 motivation to write about it. laughing out loud.

VOTE IF YOH LIKED IT‼️‼️‼️

*NOT EDITED*