coffee au

i think i might make another chapter of this happening from travis' perspective but idk yet

katie:
I looked up in alarm as the bell rang from the door. It was 8:52 and the café closed at 9:00, who could possibly be here? I had already taken off my apron and cleaned most of the supplies, and I was not in the mood to re-clean everything just so some hipster could have their coffee.

Just then, a young man casually walked in and strolled up to the counter, completely oblivious to me rolling my eyes at him. I put on my customer service smile and walked over to the cash register.

"Hi, what could I get for you?" I asked politely.

"Could I get a large iced coffee with 2 pumps of espresso?" He asked, his bright blue eyes snapping back to me as he spoke. I nodded and tapped the order in, trying not to study him as I did so. He was around my age and attractive, with curly brown hair falling onto his forehead and a smile that made my stomach erupt into butterflies.

"It's $4.53." I stated, looking back up at him. After he paid, I grabbed a cup and asked for his name.

"There's no one else in here." He said, grinning.

"Company policy." I deadpanned, the marker poised in my hand as I waited for him to say his name.

"It's Travis. Want a number to go with that?" Travis said, grinning even more.

"I'm okay." I said, turning around to start preparing his drink. Unfortunately, I had already cleaned and put away all the things I would need to make the coffee, so I tried to hurry and get it all out as fast as possible.

"I love this song." I heard Travis say, startling me out of my thoughts. I stopped to focus on what was playing, recognizing the song as Coney Island by Taylor Swift. I turned back to look at him, surprised to see him already watching me.

"Normally when I come in here, you guys are playing old jazz. Reminds me of elevator music." He continued, grinning as he looked at me. I tried to suppress the smile coming onto my face.

"I didn't think anyone else was coming in so I put on my playlist." I explained, focusing back on getting the ice, coffee, espresso, and milk.

"Well, I definitely prefer your music." He said, pulling out a chair at one of the tables to sit at.

I didn't think he was staying. Why am I excited that he is?

I felt a blush grow on my face as I tried to busy myself with what I was making. It was quiet for a few moments, but Travis seemed like the type to fill silences instead of letting them be.

"The whole album is great, but this song in particular is underrated. Have you listened to Folklore?" He asked, bouncing his leg as he did.

I nodded at him, grabbing the milk carton. "Yeah, I loved it. I think it's my favorite album by her, but Evermore is a close second."

Travis ran a hand through his hair and let out a tired sigh, one I had been doing all day.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you getting coffee at almost 9:00 at night?" I asked.

Travis grinned at me, making me blush slightly. Why was I blushing? I am supposed to be mad at him for not letting me close early, not feeling giddy at the thought of making him smile.

"My brother and I are making plans for...something, and I forced him to let us have a 20 minute break." He explained. My eyebrows furrowed at his hesitance.

"What's something?" I asked. I blamed the late night for my boldness on asking him.

"Pranks." He smirked and I had to stifle a laugh.

"Pranks?" I replied, grabbing a lid for his coffee. Travis simply nodded. I grabbed his coffee and brought it over to him, hoping he would stay instead of just leaving.

"Thanks." Travis said, taking a small sip fork his drink before setting it down. "What's your name by the way? I forgot to ask."

"Katie."

"Cool. Well Katie Kat, I have to go now. I know, I know, it's awful, but don't start crying or I'll have to stay."

"I wasn't crying." I stated.

"Katie Kat, you wound me with your cruelty."

"My name is just Katie, no one calls me 'Katie Kat.'"

"You made me a drink, I got you a new nickname. Now we're even." Travis stated, making me laugh as he got up from his chair.

"Makes sense. If you come back, you can just give me another nickname instead of paying." I said sarcastically.

"Nah. Next time I'm here I just plan on getting your number." He replied, smirking. I gaped at him, watching as he started towards the door.

"See you then, Katie Kat!" He called, walking out of the café.

What an idiot. I though, grinning as I wiped down the counters again.

He did get my number the next time.

i hate this. ew. Anyway i wanted to out something out cuz i haven't in a while but here's this. vote if u liked it ig