[ 𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 ] 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

┗━𝗝𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 | 𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘯.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

Sweat trickled down my forehead, my chest huffing up and down as I calmed my breathing after I did the routine they asked me to.

Before I gave the execution, we were given 20 minutes to learn a quick cheer routine to test our memorization and other skills.

I stayed still as I observed while others were already busy following the steps. My eyes scanned the whole body of the one doing an example and how they executed the move like a hawk.

People were laughing behind me for not moving and talked about how incompetent I was. I just ignored them and focused on myself.

I didn't enter cheer for them, I did it for myself.

After I memorized the way they express, and execute the cheer routine, I started following along and it went smoothly like I thought it would.

20 minutes were up and we went back to create a bigger space in the center. Lalisa wore a deep frown on her face, holding the microphone in front of her.

"This will be depending on individual talent and skill, if you are great, you pass. If you suck, you suck. You must do the routine perfectly without any mistakes and please smile, don't irritate me more," she looked around the crowd.

"Who would like to do it first?" she questioned and the gym went quiet, making her feel more irritated.

"No one?" I smirked, pushing my hair back before I stepped forward. Lalisa looked up to me and raised a brow.

"Would you like to go first, Jennie Kim?"

"I'd love to, really," I smiled at her and started to position myself, my aura suddenly changed. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes with sheer determination and passion.

The music started, I started to move to the beat and cheered as hard as I can. It makes my heart race, and now I was transported back into the present.

My chest heaved, grasping air from the cheer routine. The gym was quiet and awkward. My lips curved in a small and gave a bow.

I laughed, my eyes crinkling in happiness. My mind already learned to accept that there might be possibilities that I won't get chosen.

"HAHAHAHA that's all, thank you," I perkily smiled, lifting my hand into a peaceful side and placed it beside my eye.

Lalisa shook her head, her lips in a small smile. "That was...an interesting routine," she complimented, tapping on her board.

"I don't want to tell you the reasons now, just wait until everyone else finishes," she smirked, tilting her head a little.

"It's just everyone is just too excited to see the results, we gotta keep the tension, ya know," she winked before her face shifted back in her strict form.

"Since a girl already started, how about one from the boys—"

"I volunteer!" a voice shouted, everyone's head snapped towards the Golden Maknae of Bangtan who wore a lopsided grin. Lalisa rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Well, hurry up."

The maknae smiled and hurriedly went on stage when he started I admit that he is good. I went to the back of the gym and sat down on the bleachers, leaning as I observed everyone.

I stretched my body a bit to lessen the soreness of my muscles.

I bit my lower lip, clenching my fist to stop myself from feeling excited.

I pulled out my phone, and a notification popped up. Pressing it, my eyes furrowed when I saw my name on the title.

CRAZY JENNIE WANTS TO BE A CHEERLEADER, WOULD SHE CHEER OR SCARE? Click the link below to read the article.

My lips let out a laugh, clicking on the link and I couldn't stop myself from chuckling at how ridiculous it looks. "How stupid," I scoffed, pulling down my phone.

I was always on the sidelines ever since I was young, why couldn't I stand out? Is that illegal?

"Found you," a breath hit my neck, I snapped my head to the side and saw a bully.

"We were playing hide and seek? Bruh, you didn't tell me," I looked at him with an unamused frown, he only raised a brow and crossed his arms against his chest, his head still beside mine.

"Why would I bother? Give me my strings, you crazy woman," his jaw ticked, he stood up and moved in front of me, lifting his hand and opened his palms.

"Can you? Hurry up! " he asked again, a forced smile on his lips. An idea suddenly popped inside my head, a grin appeared on my lips.

This might get interesting and...spicy.

"Take my hand in marriage? Oh why not," I flirted, he flinched as he was taken aback as I leaned forward, a hand on his chest. I smirked, got him.

"W-What marriage?! Crazy woman, I meant the strings!" he retorted, taking a step back, covering his body with his hands, his face beet red.

"Strings are for after-marriage, darling. I never knew you had a kink for those kinds of things, but if it's for you, sure why not—"

"You know what, you're out of your head. I'll get it back soon," he glared, clenched his teeth before he walked away, crouching with his hands inside his pockets.

I giggled, my hand covering my lips as my gaze follow his figure. He was kicking the air in irritation again.

So he's that type of boy, isn't he? So innocent.

My lips formed in a smile, it's a new change of pace. Maybe I'm slowly moving out from the sidelines, and finally, show what I've got.

I hope he remembers, I sadly smiled. It has been a long time, has he forgotten about me?

I always had the reason to be on the sidelines, I was cheering for a particular person. Since I was busy being the sweet cute school girl, I didn't notice that we met once again.

I missed our bickering, Kim Taehyung.

I smirked, propping my hand on my chin. He'll remember his childhood friend sooner or later, I'll give him some time.

━━━━━ 𝗮 𝘂 𝘁 𝗵 𝗼 𝗿 ' 𝘀 𝗻 𝗼 𝘁 𝗲 ━━━━━━

I'll try updating every day/sobs; I need to be productive and 1k word chapters are not enough if I want to be no. 1 in Taennie.

Anyho~ how are you, everyone? Did you have a good day?

I hope you guys like this chapter hehe. See you in the next chapters!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Planet_A