[ 𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 ] 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

┗━𝗝𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 | switching masks.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

My body trembled when Taehyung dragged me to an empty parking lot. He looked down on me and sighed. "Is that the reason why you don't wanna go home early?"

I looked away, not wanting to answer. He doesn't need to get involved in my problems, I can solve them just fine.

I dislike showing my vulnerable side, so I laughed, smiling brightly towards Taehyung, and patted his shoulders. "Gee, no need to worry, grumpy Taetae. I'm fine," I reassured him, his eyes then gazing down on the hand on his shoulder.

"Don't lie to me," he said in a stern voice, his piercing eyes gazing at my own.

I flinched at his tone but kept my composure. "What are you talking about? The thing earlier was my father's way of showing his love for me and my siblings," I rubbed the back of my neck, hiding the fact that I was lying in his face.

Why does he suddenly want to know me? Does my family problem spark his interest? Wow.

Didn't know that.

"Don't say shit, does he often hurt you and your siblings? How many are you anyway?" I only lowered my head then chuckled at his concern.

We can't be sure if it's sincere too, I hate people deceiving me over and over again.

It hurts, can't you just stop?

Sighing, I turned my back from him and walked away from him. Not wanting to open up to people I barely knew.

He's not the same Taehyung I knew before, he's the complete opposite.

A hand pulled me back and I once again gaze at his brownish orbs that burned with anger.

"He hurt you, can't you see that?!" he shouted, losing his temper.

I don't want to do this right now.

I'm tired. Very tired.

"I thought you're smart, can't you see the obvious?" I scoffed, pulling my arm from his grip, startling him with a different side of me.

There's no need to pretend anymore, he already knows.

"Can't you sense that I don't wanna talk about it? How stupid," I sarcastically laughed, pushing him further away from me.

"Know your distance. Why would I tell my problems to you, a mere stranger? You can pester me with other things, but not this one," I clenched my fist, turning around again.

I hate this.

He was supposed to know nothing, but now, he knew. Out of all people, it just had to be him.

I want to hide this so badly because I know I can recover from this myself. I started this and I'm gonna end it. If only I wasn't born, this...wouldn't happen at all.

"You know, you can cry when you want to, right?" Taehyung whispered, making me halt in my tracks.

Cry? That's for babies. I'm Jennie Kim, I only cry when I want to, but I prefer not to.

"Why would I cry over that tiny problem? I'll be fine, I'm fine," I lied to him and myself. Tears are threatening to spill as my mind recalled the things that happened earlier.

I don't wanna remember it, too annoying.

My throat went dry when a warmth invaded my body. I turned my head to see Taehyung's side profile, closing his eyes tight as he hugged me.