Touching

"Hiccup," Astrid said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Come here." She was standing by Stormfly, ready to go out in search of old dragon traps that needed to be taken down. However, there was something she had to talk to Hiccup about first.

The auburn-haired Viking turned away from Toothless and slowly trudged over to Astrid. She sure seemed displeased, which was never a good thing - especially when it was impossible to tell just what she was displeased about. "What's going on?"

"What was up with you back at the Academy?" Her blue eyes narrowed.

Hiccup swallowed hard. "I...I don't know what you mean."

Scowling, Astrid stomped on his one remaining foot. "Don't play stupid with me, Haddock. You know very well what I'm talking about."

"Actually, I don't." He shrugged.

"You touched my butt!" she said, lowering her voice to an angry whisper. The last thing she needed was for the news to get out into the rest of the village.

"Erm..." Blushing furiously, he turned his gaze away from hers. It was true that when he'd gone to give her a playful swat on the shoulder blade, his hand had accidentally - or maybe just a little bit purposefully - brushed against her backside. But she hadn't hit him for it when it had first happened, so Hiccup had figured she either hadn't noticed or hadn't cared.

"You touched my butt!" repeated Astrid. She grabbed his face and brought it back up so that his eyes met hers.

"I...I'm sorry," he stammered.

"You sure? Because you didn't look sorry at the time."

His cheeks darkened even more. "I'm...I'm sure. Just...can we -"

"I never said I didn't like it." A playful smirk appeared on her face.

"What? Astrid, I...uh..." Hiccup trailed off, too confused and embarrassed to continue with what he was about to say.

Astrid placed a hand underneath his chin. "You heard me. It was...it was..." She struggled to find the right word. "...adventurous."

"Well, then." Letting out a nervous chuckle, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess I...I..."

"You'll do it more often?" she suggested as she raised an eyebrow.

Hiccup gulped. "I...I could...I mean...if you really...if you really want me to."

"Yes, I do." Astrid stepped back and placed her hands on her hips. "But only if I get to touch yours, too."