Chapter four|Intrigued

"Are you sure your father won't be mad if you mess up his party?" Lisa asked as both of us look down at the ballroom from the gantry above that is able to hide our whereabouts, our eyes covered by a mask to follow the theme of the masquerade event

"I'm doing it for my family, you just confirmed this morning that he had been following us and it's not a good sign," I whispered back, downing the whole flute of champagne before I felt Lisa's hold tightened around my wrist.

"He's here, nine o'clock," Lisa mumbled and I brushed my arms against the blade hidden under my dress, making sure it was there.

I looked over at the directions she gave, looking at the man that now felt familiar after studying his background since this morning. In his arms was a beautiful blonde lady that smiled shyly to everyone he introduced her to.

She almost laughed at their dynamic, she was so innocent like an angel while his face remained cold and calm, like the devil. Maybe opposites attract after all or she was just one to the toys men in their world like to play with.

"Wait, have you thought of a tactic?" Lisa squeezed my hand when she saw our target socialising with my father. I almost held my breath, afraid he would threaten him but later dismissed the thought. No normal soul would cause an uproar in such social events.

Only me. Cause I was never normal.

"I just need you to help me find Jimin to distract the girl in his hand so I can cut in," I instructed, observing his every move from the dark corner. Unable to control myself from admiring his sculpted body fitting perfectly into the tailored suit and later noticing a diamond encrusted butterfly brooch pinned on his suit.

Butterflies, the name of their organisation that I had found out partnered with us for trade is weaponry underground. Nabi.

My lips quirk a little when I saw another man approach him, one who had beautiful doe eyes, whispered into his ear. I saw his face turn into frustration, his fingers clenching into a fist as if something was not working in his favour. I couldn't help but wonder if he too had a purpose for being here.

"I'll go now," I informed Lisa after seeing Jimin approach the girl that stood beside Taehyung, seeing his doe eye companion scowl at my best friend but knew he couldn't do anything when the beautiful blonde accepted Jimin with a blush. I knew Jimin's charm always affected women of all ages.

"Good luck, your boys won't be happy when they realise this," Lisa squeezed my hand one last time before letting go so I could walk down the hidden stairs at the side and arrive at the grand ballroom that our mansion boasted for organising one of the most prestigious functions every year.

I could already see a few men approaching me once I came into light, their eyes hunger with lust as the looked at the cleavage of my dress. It almost made me felt disgusted but I needed their attention to gain his.