Chapter six|Entranced

"You should be happy that you manage to escape in time," Jungkook snapped at me as I sunk into the couch in my living room

It had been days after the charity ball and last I heard, they were successful at diminishing a quarter of the Kim's men but not as much luck as getting the life of the old man. He was just too stubborn to die like that.

"It's just that we didn't gain any information from this visit," I sighed, rubbing the bridge of my nose between my eyes, frustrated that I didn't get what I want.

"Well you danced with a pretty girl," Jungkook rolled his eyes, propping his legs up on my coffee table.

"I'm not even sure if it's the correct girl," I huffed, crossing my arms as I tried my best not to remember how the girl fit perfectly in my arms or how her whispers send shivers down my spine.

But it was true that I don't know who she was and where she was from. We were all wearing masks that day and half of her face was covered, thanks to the dim light in the ballroom, I could barely try to decipher how she looks like.

"Well if you put more effort in trying instead of gawking at her you would've succeeded," Jungkook mocked and I was up at my feet, hurling at him.

"Nice for you to say, you weren't risking your life being rained by bullets," I smacked his head and earned a smack back.

"I was just following your orders," Jungkook reprimanded and his struggle to get out from my arms that was choking him caused him to knock over the coffee table and a knife dropped out from the empty drawers.

"Did you save this here for occasions like this?" Jungkook break away from me and picked up the knife, toying it in his hands as he looked at the beautiful gold carvings on the protection cover of the knives.

"This doesn't look like something that belongs here," Jungkook mumbled. 

My house was decorated to be contemporary, even my weapons and furniture were all sleek and modern while the knife in his hands was of baroque design with the handle of the blade engraved in what seems like roses that climbed up the handle towards the bolster of the knife.

"It's not mine," I breathed out tiredly and sunk into the couch, looking at Jungkook who had his eyebrows raised with a smirk. "That day at the ball, the girl I danced with, she pointed at me with it."

I could see his eyes widened and rushed over to me, pulling up my shirt.

"Ya, this is inappropriate," I scolded but he pulled it up anyway, inspecting for injuries but heaved a sigh of relief when he found nothing but old battle scars that I got from fights that I was involved in during the past.

"You need to tell me these things, why are you hiding it here?" he reprimanded and I just shrug, tucking my black button up back into my pants.

I tried to hide my discomfort at his care, I was not used to it. It was awkward for me.

I didn't know why I hid the blade instead of passing it to Jungkook, maybe it was a piece of her that I want to keep despite it's actual use was to take my life. I had myself entranced in her spell, her beautiful brown orbs that shone under the dim lights and her heart shaped lips that were imprinted at my neck whenever I remembered her lips lingering there.

"I just didn't think it was important," I came up with a lie quickly and walked towards the cabinet beside the window to retrieve a bottle of whiskey and a cup.

"I'll take this back with me, it's quite unusual to see such details in a blade so it should be personalised," Jungkook informed me, standing up and brushing his suit pants with the knife now strapped in his pocket.

Would it be weird that I did not want him to find out or just not wanting the knife that I had stolen from her to be taken away from my premises. I am such a weird soul for having feelings for a mere knife that had an owner I barely know.

"We need to know who's aiming to kill you hyung," Jungkook must've understood my faraway look and stood up to leave when I nodded solemnly.

He was right, I shouldn't get myself distracted by her beauty but focus on her motive against me.

How childish of me to cling myself on the blurry memory of a girl I know nothing of, I can't even remember her face.

"Jungkook's going back to the base?" I straighten my tilted head to see Chaeyoung walking in with a cropped knitted sweater and long pants.

"He's taking the knife I got from the mysterious woman to check," I said, reminding Jungkook to check his bank account and finished the liquor from my glass when Chaeyoung looked at me pointedly from the couch opposite mine that was previously occupied by her brother.

"You know you don't owe us anything right, you don't have to transfer money to us every time we meet, it's not right," Chaeyoung advised, while I just shook my head like multiple times when both the siblings brought it up.

"Both of you work hard, I should give back something for your effort so it's a fair business trade," I huffed when Chaeyoung stayed silent and all I earned for my statement was a purse of lips from Chaeyoung.

"Not everything is about trades and business Taehyung, the world's not black and white like paper. Not everyone expects returns of favour," Chaeyoung pressed on but I ignored her by looking outside my glass window.

I couldn't do that, it was not how I handle my business. I never believed there would be someone out there giving kindness without expecting something in return, it wouldn't be fair if everything goes like this.

"Taehyung, just because your father pays people to spend time with you or that he abandoned you is your fault," Chaeyoung came over and grabbed my shoulders but I brushed it off with a shrug.

"This is not for you to comment on. List out why you're here and go along your way," I spoke coldly, feeling myself shut off again at the mention of my father.

"Well you have a new neighbour now, I met her in the elevator, she looks like a sweet girl," Chaeyoung straightened herself. Why didn't I know someone was moving in beside me?

"Since you're so bothered with the Kims, I bet you didn't know but you got to be careful of her cause she's friends with them. I saw Jimin outside with her but she didn't seem like she's involved in what they do, she's too bright," Chaeyoung concluded and I sat up a little, my ears perking.

Park Jimin was no foreign name in our world, he was notorious for being a playboy, owning multiple bars in Seoul and of course the power he was backed with from the Kims.

"I'm all ears now," I quipped, pouring the drink down my throat and looked at Chaeyoung for her to continue.

"She looks so innocent and when I was going to ask her what she does, Jimin sent me a warning like he's protecting her from something," Chaeyoung tilted her head to the side as if thinking what she had left out.

"What's her name?" I asked, except for being with Jimin, she already sounded boring.

"Jisoo, Jimin's friend according to her introduction."