ONE

Angel's POV

I have a bad feeling. I've had one all day. I can't shake it. I brought it up as everyone was boarding the Quinjet. Sam told me it's ok to be nervous for them. Wanda rushed to me, gave me a hug and told me everything is going to be fine. Vision gave me stats about the upcoming mission. He informed me there was a 89% chance of total success and a 7% chance of mission success with minor casualties. Natasha ran through the plan and told me not to worry and said they will all be ok. Steve knelt down to my eye level and promised to come back in one piece.

I don't know why today felt different. The Avengers are constantly going on missions. Nine times out of ten they are successes. Yet I could not shake the feeling. Steve could tell. He pulled me into a hug before whispering in my ear that everything would be ok.

Then they left. They took the Quinjet and headed to Lagos. As soon as they took off, I rushed to my room and pulled my radio out of my bedside drawer. My room was once white and silver. My life was once white and silver. Now it is colorful. The walls are a pretty pink while my pillows and blankets are a beautiful olive green. All the furniture in my room is dark brown wood. I love it. My closet is colorful as well. The only white and silver I own is a part of my suit, that is my training suit.

Tony decided I was much too young to go in the field. Steve and I fought him on that but he bankrolls the Avengers. There is only so much Steve could fight him on this. Tony would not budge. He actually wanted to send me to a boarding school in Switzerland but he compromised with Nancy. Nancy is my tutor. She is an older woman with all the knowledge in the world, or at least that's what she wants me to think.

I'm supposed to be learning about American history now, but Nancy knows when the others are on a mission, I will not be focused in the slightest on her lessons, especially today. Today I have a bad feeling, and I'm extra worried. Something is wrong. In my hands, the radio crackles as I hear Steve's voice.

"Everyone in positions?" He pauses as no one responds. "All right, what do you see, Wanda?"

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

" There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras," I answer with a smile, pushing the buttons on the small black radio.

"Very good, Angel," Steve's voice responds. "Both cross streets are one way. What does that mean?" I pause, we haven't come across that before.

"Ummm..... Compromised escape routes?"

"Exactly. Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block, Wanda?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Natasha says seriously.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asks with a slight chuckle.

" Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Natasha answers, her voice dropping to a whisper as I hear the sound of movement over the radio.

": Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asks, butting in. Natasha starts to respond but I don't hear her answer as Nancy knocks on my door. I turn the radio down.

"Come in!" I call out to her.

"Has the mission started? I just took some cookies out of the oven. Would you like one?" Nancy asks me kindly.

"They just got into position. And thank you, but I'm all good." Nancy nods before she closes the door. Besides tutoring me, Nancy watches me when the others are away on missions. To my understanding, she cares for me as a mother would. I turn the radio up and here as Sam informs us the driver is armed.

"It's a battering ram," Natasha whispers.

"Go now," Steve barks.

"What?" Wanda asks, startled.

"He's not hitting the police," Steve says slowly. Then all I hear is a loud bang and the sound of gunfire.

"Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles," Steve reports to the others. I hear grunting and the sound of fighting before Sam reports now there are 5. More fighting occurs and Wanda reports that 4 remain.

"Rumlow's on the third floor," Sam informs everyone.

"Wanda, just like we practiced," Steve says. I can imagine the maneuver they are about to do. I've practiced it as well. Steve jumps and Wanda or I must use our power to propel him up and into a window or onto a ledge.

"What about the gas?" Wanda asks.

"Get it out," Steve responds. I hear grunting and more fighting for a few minutes. Then Steve starts yelling.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon!"

"I'm on it!" Natasha quickly responds. I hear nothing except fighting for a many minutes.

"Sam, he's in an AFV heading north," Steve informs him. More fighting seems to occurs. Everything in front of me blurs to silver and then I see it.

A bomb. It's strapped onto a man in a crowded street. He pushes a button, the trigger. Then I see Steve. He is dressed as Captain America. He runs towards the man who is now set aflame. Wanda does too. She uses her powers to get the man out of the street but she panics as the bomb explodes even bigger. I watch as she throws the man and bomb into a building. The building explodes.

The man, I recognize him. Why? I rack my brain until it comes to me. The man, that man is Brock Rumlow, aka Crossbones, aka the man everyone is currently trying to stop.

He is going to die.

And so are everyone in the building.

I am brought out of whatever that was by the radio.

"What did you say?" I hear Steve ask, he sounds shocked. What did I miss? No, it doesn't matter. I have to warn them!

"Steve? Do you copy? Does anyone copy?"

"What's going on, Angel?" Sam asks me.

"He's got a bomb! Rumlow has a bomb!"

"Steve did you hear-" He is cut off by an explosion. The explosion. I hear Steve order for fire and rescue. Then silence. I turn my radio off. It's done. People are dead. If I had just recognized Rumlow quicker they might not have been. A tear rolls down my cheek. How had I seen that? How did I see what was going to happen?