TWENTY TWO

Angel's POV

I've come to the conclusion that no one is coming for me. Recently, the men in white have been taking samples of my blood. They've been giving me different shots as well. I used to only get one shot that made me tired. The new shot I've been getting makes me really hot and I always start sweating a lot. My body aches more than it ever has before and I'm always either too hot or too cold. But there is nothing I can do. I'm trapped in an endless loop.

Tony's POV

A full month has passed now. An entire month of Ross refusing to give me Angel. I've had enough. Ross can only arrest me once and I'm a billionaire. I'll hire the best lawyers in the world to get me off. Angel needs to be free. All I have to do is find her. I've had FRIDAY searching for her since this morning. Nothing has been found yet, but if there is any trace of her location, FRIDAY'll find it.

All I can do is wait. I despise waiting. When I have nothing to occupy me, I tend to overthink things and make them worse. I can't do anything to jepardize Angel's return so I decide to tinker with my suits.

I shoot each target in the training room. With the help of T'Challa and Wakanda, I have access to new technology. The nanomachines allow me to store my suit in a watch. It's incredible. Rhodey agrees. I've been using the technology to help him walk. What happened to him is a tragedy but Angel wasn't in her right mind. It wasn't her fault. Rhodey agrees with me luckily. I don't know what I would do if he couldn't forgive her.

An alert on my watch stops me. Angel's been found. Now all I have to do is go and get her.

I fly incognito to the black ops site. I need to get in and out without trouble. FRIDAY has put the security cams on a loop. I estimate I have about 5 minutes before they relize this. I sneak down a hall, following the map FRIDAY gives me until I make it to a large white door. Two soldiers stand guard in front of it and a man in white is typing in a passcode to enter. He holds a a few syringes. I wait until he opens the door then I roll a gas bomb towards them and it releases sleeping gas. The three men fall to the ground. I fly past them and into Angel's cell.

I wasn't prepared for the sight I see. Angel is lying on a hard metal table. She is strapped down tightly. She wears a thin, dirty, white dress. Her silver hair is matted and her skin is deathly pale. The worst of it though, is the bruises that litter her arms and legs. I rush to her side and brush hair from her face. Angel looks at me, defeated. She blinks once then closes her eyes. A tear slips down my face. It's clear she hasn't been treated well like Ross promised. I carefully remove her restraints and pull her into my chest. A small groan escapes her and I give her a small smile. Even though it was a groan of pain, the fact that she was able to make a noise means she is still able to feel stuff. Whatever experiments they were running on her didn't stop her from being aware enough to give small responses.

"It's ok, Angel. I'm going to take you home," I whisper into her ear. Angel blinks at me. The timing can't be a coincidence. "Can you understand me, kid?" I ask gently. She blinks again. I hug her tightly to my chest, supporting her head as I blast a hole into the wall next to us. Then another and another until we manage to get outside. Alarms are blaring but I don't care as I fly Angel back to the compound.

Days have passed and Angel hasn't awoken. Either Nancy, Rhodey, or I have spent every second by her bedside. I have brought in multiple doctors to examine her and they all say something along the same lines- she'll be ok physically. Her body is just exhausted.

Physically.

Her mental state is probably fucked. She was struggling before with Steve's departure then she died. That couldn't have helped. Then she came back but couldn't remember us and she attacked and nearly killed us. Wanda put her to sleep and when she woke up, she was locked away, being drugged and eperimented on. An adult wouldn't be ok after that, let alone a 13 year old girl. Angel's tough. I just hope she can recover.

A few hours later, Angel comes down with a fever. I quickly call in the best physicians in the world to her bedside. The idiots from before were wrong- Angel was not physically ok. The doctors take one look at her and send her straight to the hospital. I air lift her straightvthere. When we arrive, doctors and nurses crowd her bed as they help to hydrate her so her body won't go into shock. I stay into the room until a nurse kicks me out. I haven't moved from my chair in the waiting room, desperate for any sort of news.

"Mr. Stark?" A flirtatious voice asks me. I look up from my hands and glance at the blonde nurse. She pushed her breasts out at me, causing me to scowl.

"Is there news?"

"On the girl?" She asks, playing dumb. I hate women who play dumb.

"Who else would I care about?" My voice comes out harsher than I intended and the nurse flinches. I should care but I don't.

"The girl will be just fine," the nurse purrs, regaining her confidence, and running a hand up and down my arm. I push her hand away from me. "She was very malnourished and dehydrated. She wouldn't have survived through the night but you brought her to us just in time. We- I did very good. What'll my reward be, Mr. Stark?" I stand, towering over her. My angry face makes her step backwards.

"Can I see her now?" I snap. The nurse nods. I push past the woman and march down the hall until I reach Angel's room. An IV bag hangs by her bed. Her skin has regained some color and she look peaceful. I let myself breath in relief, she's ok, for real this time.

---

So I've just finished on this story and I've decided to write a third book. I just feel like Angel's story isn't over yet. She hasn't found the peace she deserves.

Any guesses on what movie I will be including Angel in yet?

Anything you want to see from her or any other characters?

I love hearing your ideas, after all, nothings set in stone until I click publish.