ELEVEN

Steve's POV

I stand in a small apartment. According to the tip, its Bucky's apartment. My only hope now is that Bucky will come quietly. I still struggle to believe that he could do something like this. That he could be responsible for Angel to be buried in rubble. I guess in some way, I'm hoping Bucky has an explanation.

"Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces, approaching from the south," Sam tells me over my radio.

"Understood." Then I notice Bucky standing there. Slowly I turn around and face him. "Do you know me?" Bucky stares at me blankly.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum."

"They've set the perimeter," Sam says. I ignore him.

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." I try once agani. There's no way Bucky, my Bucky could ever truly forget me.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." There it is. My excuse. Bucky didn't hurt Angel. I believe him. This is my Bucky.

"They're entering the building," Sam warns.

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Bucky doesn't move a muscle.

"That's smart. Good strategy."

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised," Sam says. I'm out of time.

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck." Please, Bucky. Let's sort this out together.

"It always ends in a fight," Bucky says scoffing.

"5 seconds," Sam relays.

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" I'm desperate now. We are out of time.

"I don't know." I. Don't. Believe. You.

"3 seconds!"

"Yes, you do."

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" Sam yells over the radio. Within seconds, a grenade is thrown through the window. Bucky kicks it towards me and I smother it with my shield.

"Schieß die Tür auf!" A german soldier yells from behind the door. The door than shakes violently. Bucky shields himself with the mattress against an attack from the window. He then blocks the door with a table as cops swing in on cables. I then pull the rug from under a policeman, sending him flying all while Bucky slams another policeman into the wall very very violently. Too violently in fact.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone," I snap at him. Bucky slams me down and punches a hole in the floor.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone," Bucky says. I swear I saw him roll his eyes at me. Is this my Bucky?

Bucky grabs a backpack from under the floorboards and throws it out of the window. The two of us get behind my shield to avoid gunfire. The he shoves me and knocks a cop down all in one motion. Using his metal hand, he clocks gunfire and slams another cop into shelves. We continue fighting cops until I see Bucky smash a hole into the wall next to the door. He jumps through it and grabs a cop off of a zipline, before using it to swing doen multiple stories.

"Der Verdächtige ist ausgebrochen. Er ist am östlichen Treppenschacht," a soldier yells into a radio. I grab the radio and crush it. I then jump down to follow Buck. Bucky tosses a cop down the stairwell. I grab him to stop his fall.

"Come on, man," I mutter. Bucky and I continue trying to escape. Bucky makes it onto a lower roof of a neighboring building, while I am on the balcony of a much taller, before real trouble happens.

A muscular man clad entirely in black slams into Bucky from behind, knocking him down. He has a full face mask with pointed ears. He extends his fingers and sharp claws pop out. The man attacks Bucky with sweeping kicks and slashes. Bucky fights back but is kicked into a wall. The man swipes his claws and spins gracefully. Bucky narrowly avoids being slashed as he holds up a metal bar to protect himself. I look down from the roof to see Sam flying by.

"Sam, southwest rooftop." I see Sam glance over.

"Who the hell's the other guy?" Sam asks over radio.

"About to find out." I jump from the balcony onto a neighboring rooftop. The man in all black lunges at Bucky with his claws, but Bucky grabs his wrists. A soldier fires a machine gun from the chopper. The ammo bounces off the man's armored suit.

"Sam," I say hoping he understands what I'm saying. He does.

"Got him." Sam flies down and shoves the chopper off course. Then swoops towards street level. Bucky breaks free from his attacker and slings his bag onto his back. He runs and jumps down a level while the other man slides down the wall using his claws for traction.He lands at street level and the chase continues. I follow and land rolling along the ground. Gunfire from the chopper tears up the sidewalk. Bucky jumps down through an opening and lands in an underpass, he runs through the traffic. The man in black and I drop down and chase after Bucky. A vehicle pulls up next to us.

"Stand down! Stand down!" The driver yells. Not one of us listens. The vehicle closes in, its blue lights flashing. I leap onto the vehicle and the windshield splinters. The driver stops and I yank him from the vehicle and kick the windshield out, before driving off. Bucky runs over the top of a speeding car, outpacing it. The man is a few cars behind, keeping pace with Bucky. He leaps on the back of the vehicle I am driving. I swerve from side to side, trying to throw him off. Nothing works.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy."

"Right behind you."Several police cars join the chase. I side-swipe another car and drive on. I watch as up ahead Bucky reaches a fork in the road and faces oncoming traffic. He leaps over a barrier. I just drive through it. There's no sign of this chase stopping,

not with whoever this man in black is.