SIXTEEN

Tony's POV

Dr. Theo Brussourd was just sent to evaluate Barnes. I stand in a large room with Secretary Ross, Natasha, and some other staffers. We are watching Barnes' psych evaluation on a screen. Brussourd sits at a small desk facing the pod that is restraining the murderer.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit? Your first name is James?" Brussourd asks. Barnes does not respond. The doctor pauses, clearly surprised by the lack of response.

"He's not going to corporate," I tell Ross angrily.

"We have to give him the chance, Stark. It's the law," Ross says.

"What happens if he doesn't help?" Natasha asks. Her eyes are still puffy but her voice doesn't crack once.

"Then we get justice, agent," Ross says before turning back towards the screen.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James," Brussourd tries again. Barnes glares at them.

"My name is Bucky." Brussourd nods, kouting down a note on a paper in front of him.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Bucky snaps, pulling against his restraints slightly.

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry." The man checks his phone quickly before putting it away. How unprofessional. "We only have to talk about one," Broussard says gently. Bucky opens his mouth to respond then everything goes dark. The power appears to have gone out.

"Great," Ross groans. "Come on, guys, get me eyes on Barnes. Go!" He orders.

"FRIDAY, get me the source of that outage," I say.

"It appears there was an explosion as the nearby power plant," FRIDAY says.

"Shit," I say. "Someone's coming for Bucky." I race out of the room and towards his cell.

~1 Hour in~

Barnes escaped. Steve and Sam helped him and they all got away. Apparently the doctor was in on it too. I didn't think Steve had it in him to betray us like this.

I would have thought I'd be angriest at Barnes for killing Angel but I find myself even angrier at Steve. He helped the murderer escape! I thought he cared about Angel but I was quite clearly wrong. We're going to catch them, though. There is nowhere in Berlin they can hide. We will catch them.

I can tell Natasha is confused by Steve's actions. They don't make sense but who am I to judge? My job now is to stop him. I have all transportation out of Berlin on high alert. Any sightings of the men will immediately get reported to me.

Ross gave me 36 hours and free reign to get them back. If we fail, the consequences will be bad. I've turned off all news channels in the entire area in an attempt to get everyone to focus. I have a a single intern watching the news in a small office. I informed him not to bother anyone unless Barnes, Steve, or Sam appear on it. Then I left him. I snapped at anyone who approached me about something other than them.

I have more important things to do.

~16 Hours in~

Last night was busy. It started with Natasha and I splitting up to find new team members to help us on the hunt. I went to New York and picked up a kid. I hate myself for it but I will do anything to catch Barnes. Steve sent Clint to get Wanda. He immobilized Vision and he and Wanda disappeared into the night. Natasha got T'Challa to join the cause.

On my way back from New York, I got a call.

Steve, Sam, and Barnes were found. Apparently Sharon Carter led us to them, unknowingly. I knew she was close with Steve from one of her previous missions so I had her followed. She led the agents straight to an underpass where she gave Steve all their gear she stole from storage. After that, I had Steve followed discretely. They went to the airport. That's where we will meet them. That's where we will arrest them.