FOURTEEN

Two updates in one day. Aren't y'all lucky... 

I just want to start out by saying I'm sorry. Please don't hate me.

Angel's POV

-7 hours earlier-

I want to move but I can't. I feel thick, sticky blood coating my face. I cough, feeling as blood comes up my throat. I try and sit up to spit the blood out but I can't. I can't move. I cough as more blood tries to leave my body. I can't get it out. I try to scream for help but no sound leaves me. The blood rises in my mouth and I find myself struggling to breath. I slowly start to suffocate. Its a brutal way to go. I can feel everything but I can't do anything. I cough once more, trying desperately to breath. Nothing works. My mind slowly fades to darkness.

Tony's POV

Steve just keeps pissing me off. Angel is in trouble and all he wants to do is save his friend! The same friend who caused all this trouble! And Nat wants me to get them out of trouble! I agreed because when Angel is found, she will want Steve. They are close and she is going to need her family.

I went to tell him and he just pisses me off more! Why couldn't he stay put? I slam my fist into a nearby table. Behind me I hear Nat walk in. She's on the phone. Suddenly I hear the phone drop to the floor with a clatter. I turn to see Nat standing there, tears falling down her face. I instantly assume the worst.

"No," I whisper, feeling my own tears steaming down my face. "No! She's ok. She has to be!" I yell out. Nat says nothing. I can't process this. She was supposed to be ok! We have to return to Vienna at once. Struggling, I pull out my phone and type out an order for the jet to be prepared. Without saying a word, a walk out of the room, leaving Nat behind.

Somehow I manage to make it to the quinjet. I walk on without saying a word, and plug in my destination. I can't believe it until I see it- I won't. The quinjet lands right in front of the wreckage a little less than an hour later. Reporters scatter as it sets down.

I do not care.

I head straight for the tent I set aside for when we found Angel. Medical officers were on stand-by for when we found her. I thought she would be alive. She has to be alive. As I enter the tent, the truth sets in.

On the bed of white a young girl lays. She's not Angel. She can't be. Tears fall down my face as I see her. Angel. Although she no longer looks like the girl I knew. Her skin is incredibly pale, just like everything about her except the blood. She's covered in blood. Her once white outfit is no longer white. Most of it is covered in dirt from the destruction. Except her stomach and her face.

The dress covering her stomach is a deep red color. Blood. As I walk closer to her, it gets worse. She basically has a hole in her body there. It looks like she was impaled. I find the courage to look at her face and the sight makes me want to throw up. Dried blood coats her face, it appears to have come from a head wound. There is also dried blood that looks like it leaked from her mouth. I take a shaky breath before stepping back and looking for doctor. There is one, a woman, off to the side.

"Do we know how long she survived?" I ask, my voice breaking. The woman looks at me sadly.

"Based on my initial observations, I would say she died around 7-9 hours ago. Based on the timing of the buildings collapse, I'd say not long."

"How?" I can't manage to say anymore than that.

"She... uh... We won't know anything for sure until an autopsy is done," the doctor skillfully avoids my question.

""How did she die? Did... did she bleed out?" I whisper. The woman looks at me with pity.

"I- I don't think so." She pauses. "Based on the blood, I think she choked on her own blood." This time I do throw up. Angel was all alone when she died. She didn't deserve this. Angel brought hope into the world. She brought light. Now she's gone and Bucky Barnes is going to pay.

---

Yeah, so yeah. Sorry...

What do you think?

What should happen next?