SEVEN

Two days ago I made a decision. It felt like the final betrayal to Steve, deciding to fully commit to the accords. I know he will see me on TV, the whole world will. Everyone will see the young Avenger, the future. I spin in front of the floor length mirror in my room admiring the suit Tony whipped up for me. It's beautiful.

My suit is a simple white long sleeved dress that ends just above my knees. Underneath I wear silver legging-like things. Both are made of a flexible uru fabric. Uru is a magical material Tony got from Thor. It absorbs my magical abilities so that I don't destroy my clothes in a battle. A small silver mask covers the upper part of my face, specifically around my eyes and nose. I smile to myself as I spin once more in the mirror.

"Done admiring yourself?" Tony asks from the doorway. I jump, once again startled.

"You really should stop sneaking up on me, Tony," I say, turning towards him.

"I'm glad you like it. It looks good on you." I smile. "Ready to go? Nat will meet you at the airstrip in Vienna." I nod, taking a deep breath before stepping towards the door.

Steve's POV

Peggy's gone. It still feels unreal. The last link to my past, gone. I guess there is Bucky, but I haven't seen or heard from him in two years, since before I met Angel.

I really thought she of all people would come with me. I thought she would understand the danger of the government trying to use and control us. But she is just a child. She didn't get it. I have to admit, I was disappointed. I thought even if she didn't fully get it, she would trust me enough to choose me. She hates Tony! And yet she thought it best to stay with him. I guess I was mistaken.

I look up and see Sharon Carter walk to the podium. She explains how she is Peggy's niece and talks about the life she knew her aunt to have. I'll wait until after the funeral to speak to her.

Once it all ends, I stand in the isle waiting to speak to Sharon. Suddenly I hear a footsteps behind me. I recognize them.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her," I tell Nat, turning to look at her.

"She had your back, too," Nat answers.

"Who else signed?" I ask sadly.

"Tony, Rhodey, and Vision did this morning."

"No Clint?"

"Said he's retired." I nod. Nat smiles slightly.

"Wanda?"

"To be determined." I take a deep breath before continuing, asking about the person I need the answer to.

"You didn't mention yourself." I chicken out. I have no issue running into danger but talking about the 13 year old girl who didn't chhose me can stop me in my tracks.

"I'm signing them in Vienna... with Angel this evening." She knows thats who I really want to know about. "From what Tony says, she's excited." Nat smiles, "he made her a suit." When I don't respond, Nat continues. "I'm off for the signing of the Accords, I'm meeting Angel at a private airfield outside the city. There's plenty of room on the jet." She knows I won't come. I can see it on her face. I sigh and shake my head. "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." I say nothing as Nat starts to leave the church. I turn around looking to find Sharon. "She misses you, you know." I freeze. "Right after you left she spent hours in the gym. Reminded me of you." By the time I find myself able to move again, Nat is gone. So is Sharon. I exit the church looking to see where Sam has gone off to.

Angel's POV

The flight is certainly a long one. The UN headquarters is located in Vienna which is about 8 and a half hours by normal plane but with the quinjet, it only takes about 5. I pilot the jet towards a private airport an hour outside of Vienna.

One of the things Tony insisted on, once the decision was made that I stay, was learning how to fly. He said he didn't want me dependent on others if we were ever under attack. It only took about two months, but I enjoyed it. I find flying relaxing. If I didn't, I know without a doubt I would be freaking out right now. My first public appearance, I never thought this day would come.

I land the quinjet. I see Natasha walking out towards me. I open the back door of the jet and head to her.

"Are you ready?" She asks me. A smile breaks out on my face and she laughs. "Just follow my lead, I'll introduce you to people." I nod. We both head towards the car and climb in. Natasha starts the car and begins to drive.

___

Here is what I pictured Angel's suit to be like. Obviously it would be worn by a 13 year old but I like the style and I feel like it would be Angel's style.

 Obviously it would be worn by a 13 year old but I like the style and I feel like it would be Angel's style