Chapter 5: With the Reapers

The journey to the reaper realm wasn't easy for Karina Kazugiri. While the reapers traveled through the portal, Karina may have been exhausted which caused her body to become weak and faint.
After some time the Will, Ronald and Grell entered the Grim Reaper Dispatch Building and went in William's office so that no other reaper could see Karina.
"What do we do? The other reapers can't know we brought a demon here, even though she is a reaper now?" Ronald asked and glanced at Karina.
William sat on his office chair and rubbed his temples in frustration. What is he going to do now?
"Think faster William! She's burning up!" Grell said feeling Karina's neck. William hurried and had to come up with an idea.
"She will have to stay at one of our apartments." William said.
"I don't trust you two with her so she will have to stay with me so I can keep an eye on her."
"If that's the best plan you can come up with Will then lets go." Grell said
"Do your work for today and meet me back at my place so we can discuss what we shall do about this one." William said picking up Karina.
"Right on it Mr. Spears." Ronald said.

They all parted ways knowing what they have to do. After a few minutes William arrived at his apartment and he made sure the coast was clear before he opened the door. He set Karina on his bed with her head elevated on multiple pillows.
"What am I going to do.." William thought to himself. He went to the kitchen and made some food for himself and Karina.
"This is ridiculous." He thought...was it really?
He then heard a shuffle in his bed. Karina was awake.

"Where am I?" Karina thought. She saw the walls were a gray color and the bed was huge and comfortable. William walked in holding a tray of soup.
"I see you are awake.." William started.
"Where am I?" Karina asked.
"You are in my apartment." William said
"This- this is your apartment? Wait that means I am in-..." Karina said blushing a little.
"In my bed, yes." William said glancing his gaze a but away from Karina.
William then cleared his throat. "I made you food. You fainted and you need to regain your energy."
"Tch..I'm not hungry." Karina said
"Do not be ridiculous. You turned into a reaper, threw up, fainted on the way here, and now you are in my bed so allow me to care for you." William said.
Karina cooperated with him.
" I will feed you the soup since you are not in a state of feeding yourself yet." William said feeding her the soup.
Karina was surprised. The soup William made actually tasted delicious. Who knew he was a good cook??

After a couple of minutes, Karina finished the soup and felt slightly better than before. William who was washing the dishes kept thinking about Karina....he found her quite different than all the other demons he had encountered in his life. It wasn't Karina's fault that she was now a demon. He kept thinking all sorts of things until a certain redhead bursted through the door...

"Darling!!~" Grell said squealing.
"Come in." William sighed.
"We finished our work for the day Mr. Spears." Ronald said smiling.
"Say, where is the Kazugiri girl?~" Grell said looking from room to room.
She continued to look until she bursted in William's room seeing Karina on William's bed. This made Karina jump at the unexpected visitor in the room.
"Found you!!~" Grell said. William rubbed his temples at Grell's annoyance.
"What is she doing on your bed Mr. Spears." Ronald asked eyeing William. Karina averted her eyes away from William which caused him to blush slightly.
"That is none of your concern Knox." William said clearing his throat.
Grell and Ronald looked at each other giggling knowing that the stoic William T. Spears may have a tiny crush on Karina.
"Well we did find information since we have been keeping in touch with the Phantomhive estate." Grell said.
"They will let us know any additional information." Ronald said.
"Thank you you two." William said
"Well then- we'll be back tomorrow if we get any word from Sebastian. Have a good night Mr. Spears." Ronald said opening the door.
"Goodnight my darlings~." Grell said blowing a kiss in William and Karina's direction.

William sat in the chair beside Karina sighing.
"Does she always do that?" Karina asked chuckling.
"Unfortunately..." William said.
"I believe you should get some rest. You have had quite an eventful day." William added.
"Yes of course...but where will you be staying?" Karina asked.
"I will sit here on the bed since I have to keep an eye on you. Just incase you have a slight fever again." William said.
"Alright then if you insist.." Karina said laying down.
She turned to her side facing away from William.

"William?..."
"What is it?"
"Thank you..for everything.."

The demon said as she drifted off to sleep...