ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

(A/N: So my eye sight got better enough for me to write, so hey ho, I'm gonna get a chapter out! Yayy! XD.)

I pulled into the drive way to my house, the stones crunching beneath the tires as I shut the engine. I was about to step out when my phone buzzed.

I grabbed it from the dash, to see it was a text from Hazel. I clicked it, wondering what she could be texting this late for.

Tareq you have to help- I think someone broke into my house- Call the cops!

My heart skipped a beat when I read this, and my fingers faltered over the keyboard. Finally, I managed to respond.

What? Really? What's happened?

The typing bubble came up for a few moments before she replied.

I was upstairs and heard glass shatter downstairs. When I peeked around to see what it was, I saw a figure step out of my kitchen. I ran to my room, but the door doesn't lock. I'm in my closet with a screw driver. Can't call, have to stay quiet. Please call the cops and come over here!

Now my heart was racing. I believed her, so I quickly dialed 911. I told them Hazel's address, and they said they'd have squad cars out there in ten minutes.

Then I started my car once more, amd began the drive to Hazel's house. My heart was racing and my hands shaking. I'd heard about some kind of dangerous person in our city not long ago; I could only guess that was who was invading Hazel's house.

By the time I finally got to Hazel's place, the area was surrounded by cop cars. I parked on the side of the street and then cautiously approached. An officer noticed me and met me beside one of the cars with flashing lights.

"You the one who called?" He asked, and I nodded.
"And... You're Hazel Dawson's partner?" (A/N: I never gave her a last name in the previous chapter, so I chose this for... Obvious reasons. XD)
I nodded again, and the officer mirrored the action.

"You may wait by the cars if you'd like."

And so I did so, leaning against one of the squad cars as I waited. My heart was still beating quicker than usual, and I twirled my car keys anxiously as I waited. I hoped Hazel would be alright.

After about ten agonizing minutes, an officer hurried outside to their car not far away. I heard them speak into their radio.
"Unit 42 requesting an ambulance at the investigated address."

This brought all the anxiety I'd been controlling back up immediately. The officer turned to me.

"Will you come inside? We need to know if the unconscious person is Ms. Dawson."

I nervously followed the cop inside Hazel's house, and he lead me upstairs to her room.

Her room was crowded with cops, all talking quietly. I pushed my way through them to see what was going on.

My heart fell like a stone in water when I saw Hazel. She was on the ground, eyes closed, and a bloody cloth pressed against her head and arm. The cops surrounding her were obviously checking her vitals, because I saw them checking her pulse and breathing.

I felt sick, and looked away. Another officer lead me from the room.

"I don't think I need to ask if that was Hazel, do I?" She asked me gently. I shook my head, too stunned to speak.

"Don't worry," she said quickly. "She's alive and we've got her condition as stable as we can until the ambulance arrives. If you'd like, you can ride with us in the ambulance?"

I nodded. When the ambulance arrived, they loaded Hazel up inside and then began the race to the hospital.

As we raced down the dark streets, I already knew that I would not rest until the person who hurt Hazel was in jail.

Two Days Later

KARL POV
I pushed the door to the studio open, heading inside with a Starbucks java chip in one hand, and Y/N's hand in the other.

Immediately, we noticed who was already there. Chris and Chandler, along with Tareq and Ethan. We headed over, and the subdued expressions on our friends faces told us everything we needed to know.

The fact that Hazel was in the hospital had brought everyone's moods down. Apparently she'd sustained a serious head injury that had put her in a coma. The doctors had no clear idea of when she would awaken, and until she did, we wouldn't really know who had hurt her.

The police hadn't been able to find out much, even with good forensic scientists. The attacker hadn't left much of a trace.

The air was thick with the misery of all our friends. I knew Y/N would be sad, since she and Hazel were so close. But my gaze was drawn to Tareq, who was a ways off from the rest of the group. Normally he would be quite lively and he'd often set the mood along with Y/N. But now he was very quiet and just staring at the ground.

I remembered how he'd helped me out when I had been anxious about Y/N being hurt months ago by her father, and I felt it only fair to return the favour now. I headed over to him. When he looked up, I could see the pain in his brown eyes that I remembered all too well from when Y/N was hurt.

"I know you're sad," I began awkwardly; I was never great with moral support. "But I'm sure Hazel is gonna make a full recovery... I mean, she's incredibly strong. She'll be fine soon, I'm sure."

I was cringing at my own terrible ability to comfort, but Tareq actually seemed grateful.
"I know," he said softly. "I just want to know who hurt her. Whoever it is... I'll make them regret their every life choice, I swear I will!"

I actually blinked, startled. I'd never seen Tareq sound so fierce before. I smirked though, nodding eagerly.
"I know you will. You get 'em!"

Apparently I'd helped somewhat, because the taller boy seemed a little happier now.

By the time everyone was there and work began, I'd started to wonder about the dangerous person warning we'd gotten for our city. That must've been the one who'd hurt Hazel, but who were they? I knew at that moment that the next few weeks were going to be tough... And scary.

A/N: Wooh! Drama!

I hope you all enjoyed this! Who do you think is the mysterious criminal? I'd love to hear your guesses!

Anticipate chapter four!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /