ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

The next couple of days went by slowly. Hazel hadn't awaken yet, and the entire crew was down and unmotivated. Even Jimmy wasn't at all enthusiastic when he was talking to the camera for videos. After one video completely flopped, Jimmy decided to instead make one explaining what happened.

He mentioned that uploads would come to a halt until Hazel was better. Expectedly, all the fans understood, and were incredibly nice, offering kind words to us all in the comments.

Now, five days after Hazel had gotten hurt, I lay on my bed, idle. Right then was when Y/N came bursting in, looking worried. I sat up immediately.

"Karl, look at this," she said. She handed me an envelope that was dark red; almost like blood. In black ink and the cliché dripping letters font, was my name, and our address. "It came in the mail. It looks terrible."

I nodded in agreement with her, and slid my finger under the seal to open it. I pulled out some old looking parchment paper, a type of paper I hadn't seen in years.

I unfolded it, curious now. I wasn't expecting what I saw.

The page had a huge, red ink splotch in one corner, and other, smaller spots all around it. But that wasn't what made my heart skip a beat. Dead center in the middle of the page, in more dripping red ink, was the word, Run.

Y/N gasped. I folded the page back up, shaking my head.
"It's... Probably just some fan who somehow got my address and wanted to prank me." I said. But the nervous shaking of my voice betrayed my act of confidence, and Y/N wasn't buying it.

"It's that person we were warned about! I'm positive it's the same one who hurt Hazel!"

She sounded frantic, her eyes darting left and right as if she expected the attempted-assassin to jump through the window then and there.

I took her hands in mine, giving them a gentle squeeze.
"Calm down," I urged. "We don't know for sure who it is or what they're doing. Let's not get worked up just yet."

For a moment, I thought she would pull away and protest. But at last, she relaxed.
"Okay. I won't."

"How about we stream for a bit? It's been forever since we did that." I suggested.

Y/N nodded, and so we set up the stream and turned it on. Y/N perched on my lap like she often did, and we watched as the chat quickly blew up with messages.

"Hello everyone," I greeted, as the chat quickly became too fast to read each message.

Y/N started to scroll through them, reading the ones that popped out at her.
"WhimsicalSimp says, 'Karl say hi to me I dare you'."

I smirked. "Hello, WhimsicalSimp, there, took the dare!"

Y/N laughed, then read the next message. "KyliePlays says, 'I hope Hazel gets better soon'. Oh thank you!"

I echoed her. "Thank you KyliePlays, we hope so too!"

We streamed for a while longer, reading the different messages. Some of them were nice messages wishing Hazel a fast recovery, but most of them were thousands and thousands of people expressing their love to me. Although apparently Y/N had grown quite popular too, because a couple people confessed their love to her as well.

It was all fun, but when it got late, we decided to wrap it up. We shut the stream off, got ready for bed, and settled down together. Y/N fell asleep quickly, but I lay awake for a while, thinking.

I wondered about the ominous letter I'd received. I had no idea what it meant, or who sent it. And what about Hazel? If the person who hurt her was the same person who sent the letter, what did they want? Why did they hurt Hazel, but send me a message? What did they have against either of us? Was it just random? Did they want to hurt members of the Beast crew for some reason?

All these questions raced through my head as I finally drifted into a shallow sleep.

A Week Later

TAREQ POV
I pushed open the door to the hospital, heading up to the ward that Hazel was being held in.

The doctors let me come visit her every couple of days. Even though she hadn't awaken yet, and therefore wouldn't be able to interact with me at all, I still found comfort in being nearby.

Now I slowly opened the door to the room Hazel was in. The doctor inside knew me, and gave me a solemn nod as he headed out.

I'd been there three times now, but I still hadn't gotten used to the sight. Hazel was in the bed, with wires hooking her to her life support. I looked up at the bags of fluid that hung above her. They seemed as fragile as she did.

Her head injury had mostly scarred over, as well as her arm injury. However, she was apparently no closer to waking up from her coma.

I slowly replaced the old bunch of flowers at her bedside with the new ones I brought, before settling down on the chair beside her bed. Looking at her now, she seemd peaceful, as if she was just asleep after a long day at work.

Gazing at her, I once again felt the familiar fierce passion I always felt when thinking about Hazel. I wanted to know who'd hurt her, and I wanted to make sure they'd regret ever being born.

The only hope of finding out who Hazel's attacker was was her. We all hoped that she'd been able to tell who it was and could let us know when she awoke. Until then, we wouldn't have much of an idea of who it was, nor where to find them.

Once more I felt a tug of emotion, and choked it back. I knew Hazel would survive, but I still missed her. I could only hope she'd wake up soon.

Eventually, I headed home, and crashed into bed. The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was imagining Hazel's smiling face.

A/N: This took too long to type for some reason. Lol.

I hope you enjoyed this! Anticipate chapter five!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /