ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

TAREQ POV
After the police let us go, I headed home by myself. My brother wasn't there when I got home, so I settled in my room to watch Netflix, hoping to take my mind off things.

At some point, I must've fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes again, it was nearly 6PM and the sun was starting to set.

I decided to get something to eat, and so I headed downstairs. Just as I passed the front hall, a rather forceful knock came at the door, making me jump. I glanced at my phone; none of my friends had told me they'd be coming over, and my brother would just come in with his key.

So I opened the door cautiously, peeking around to see who was there. But I blinked, confused, when I saw no one standing outside. I stepped out a bit to glance around the front lawn, but there wasn't a soul in sight.

Ding-dong ditch. I figured, turning to go back inside.

But a sound from just around the corner of the house stopped me in my tracks. I was starting to get a bit annoyed. I went to the edge of the drive way to the bushes by the side of the house, but couldn't see anything inside the thick leaves of the bushes.

"Go bother someone else!" I called, hoping it would entice whoever was messing with me to go away. I turned around again to go back inside.

But I hadn't even the chance to take one step, before a large, blurry shape impeded my vision.

The last thing I remembered was a sudden, horrible pain in my head, before everything went black...

KARL POV
After Y/N had calmed down enough, she and I decided to go hang out with some of the other guys. We texted the group chat, and everyone except Tareq agreed to come hang out.

Y/N was a bit confused that her teammate never responded.
"He's usually quick to jump on hangouts and stuff." She said as we drove down to Jimmy's place, where we agreed to hang.

I shrugged. "He's probably just upset about Hazel," I guessed. "I know the feeling." I flinched slightly as once more, memories flooded me. When Y/N had been held against her will by her father, I'd felt a sense of dread and fear like I'd never known.

Eventually we pulled up to Jimmy's place. The rest of the guys were already there: Chris, Ethan, Bailey, and Hannah.

"Small crowd." Jimmy commented as we settled down around each other.

Chris nodded, but he put on a smile. "Y'all can't really want to just sit around and mope about our missing members, do yah?"

We all glanced up at him as he stood up.
"They wouldn't want us to be sad, you know that! So smile, and make the most of this situation, huh?"

Y/N smiled wide for the first time in days.
"You're right," she agreed. "We shouldn't let this bring us down too much. Hazel will wake up eventually, and Chandler will be found! We should always believe that no matter what!"

The other guys echoed her enthusiasm, and I smiled with an eager nod.
"Yeah!" I said, drawn out like. Chris went to flick on the speakers near Jimmy's TV, and upbeat music blast through the house.

The rest of the evening was spent jamming, talking, and remembering the great times with our missing friends.

"I still remember how shy Hazel was around you when she joined," I was saying to Y/N. "She looked up to you from the beginning!"

Y/N nodded. "I never thought I'd be a role model."

"And do you remember the island video?" Jimmy said. "I can't believe Chandler actually won!"

I put on a fake pouty face. "Don't even mention the island." I said, pretending to be hurt.
Y/N giggled. "That video was legendary."

The evening went on like this, and by the time Y/N and I finally decided it was time to head out, the mood was alight and happy. Everyone seemed to feel better about the situation, and were smiling and laughing like old times.

Now Y/N and I headed into my car, ready for the drive home.
"It's a shame Tareq didn't come along," Y/N commented as we drove down the dark streets. "He probably could've used some positivity right now."

I nodded in agreement. "Maybe he'll come along next time."

The rest of the fifteen minute drive was in silence. We were both tired, and excited to get some sleep.

I pulled up the driveway to our house, noticing Ethan and Bailey, who had left earlier than us in Bailey's car, were already there. We headed up to the door and went inside.

Gray and Sparky came to greet us with friendly meows, and Y/N lovingly picked up Gray, cradling her while the long-furred cat purred.

Bailey came down the hall, too, and when I looked up at him, his expression was one of slight concern and unease.

"You got some kind of mail," he said to me, and Y/N looked up. "And it looks... Strange." He handed me an envelope.

Y/N gasped as she let Gray down, coming up beside me. The envelope was the same kind as the one holding the previous, creepy letter. Again, my name was written in dripping ink on the back, along with my address.

I opened it slowly, retrieving the letter from inside. Again, it was old parchment paper, and like before, there were splashes of red ink over the page.

And like before, an ominous message lay in the middle. It wasn't the same as last time, however.

This message read, I'm coming for you.

A/N: Bit of a small chapter this time, but I wanted to end with that, and didn't know where else to go with it. XD.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Things are starting to get spicy!

Also, I apologize if my writing doesn't seem as good in this story, I think it's because I have a really great main idea, but the middle chapters are fuzzy and I'm sorta making them as I go. Lol. I promise that as things get spicier, my writing will definitely improve. :)

Anyways, anticipate chapter seven!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /