01 - Anne, I-

'Anne, I-'

'Anne, I-'

'Anne, I-'

Minho's voice rang in my mind over and over again. It was as if I was a broken record that played the same song on a never ending loop. But the thing is, I didn't want the song to end. I craved his voice, I needed it. It was the only thing that made me hold on to the little life I still had.

Suddenly his voice changed. It sounded lighter. "Anne, wake up. We need you to stay awake."

My eyes opened slightly but I was blinded by bright, white lights. So I let my eyes fall again.

'Anne, I-'

"Get her into surgery!" a deep voice commanded. I could feel myself being moved, with the sound of scrambling feet around me.

'Anne, I-"

All of a sudden I couldn't breath. My chest tightened and burned. I started to become more lightheaded then I already was.

'Anne, I-"

I couldn't hear clearly anymore. Voices and machines became muffled background noise. But what I could hear clearly was Minho. Those same two words that haunted my brain were so loud that they drowned out everything else.

'Anne, I-'

I wasn't entirely sure what he was going to say. I regretted not trying to hold on long enough to hear him say it. But, if I could hold on long enough now, I might me able to, that's what kept me going.

"Anne, we need you to stay conscious. It's the only way we can save you," a voice suddenly said. "You need to stay alive."

I couldn't open my eyes, breathing was becoming impossible, I had little hope that I would make it. I knew that if I thought that way, I would surely die. But I couldn't help it, those feelings were constantly present in the back of my mind. I tried hard to think of Minho, maybe he would erase those poisonous thoughts.

'Anne, I-'

I felt complete numbness throughout my whole body. The burning in my chest disappeared, the dizziness vanished. Everything, all the pain and confusion, was just gone.

My first thought was that they saved me, that I somehow pulled through. But I knew that wasn't true. I was dead.

'Anne, I-'

'Anne, I-'

'Anne, I-'

His voice still echoed in my ears. It made me sad and angry all at the same time.

I was sad because I knew I was probably never going to hear that voice again.

I was angry because of what my death would do to him. How he would never know what actually happened to me. I knew I was not in the Glade anymore, I didn't want him to live with his mind racked with questions on where I ended up.

That's how I found new strength. That's how I faced death and filled my body with life.

All because of Minho.

💥🌙💥🌙💥🌙💥🌙💥🌙💥🌙💥

Aaahhh! The first chapter in (hopefully) an awesome story.

I can't wait for this to take off and I hope you guys are as excited for it as I am.

Vote and comment!