Ep: ELARA

A/N

Due to popular demand and a lack of stuff to do in quarantine, I got inspired to write a bonus epilogue of some sort with the information that Krel canonically stays on Earth for good. Enjoy!

@@@

Departure Day
The Daxxon, Earth

Elara's POV

In my Cybernetic form, I watch from the rooftop of my ship as the Tarrons' mothership takes off into the air, a blue globe shrinking more and more as it launches itself further into the sky until it's a mere speck in the distance.

I sigh, staring at the disappearing ship until it's out of sight. I hear Iris climb up beside me.

"You wish you were there when he left, don't you?" She says.

"I don't wish for anything," I sulk, turning away. "And for the record, I already said my goodbyes at Prom."

"Alright, if you say so." She shrugs it off and kneels behind me, taking a few locks of my electric green hair and starting to braid. "But we both know I'm right."

I say nothing, but I have to admit what Iris said isn't untrue. A part of me does regret not being there for the send off and wishes I did go, but something else inside of me just ... didn't want to face the reality of him reaching Akiridion-5, never coming back, and ... choosing home over me.

The smallest twinge of sadness pinches at me just thinking about that—wait a minute, El! Since when does a boy leaving you bothers you this much?! It doesn't! It shouldn't! He's not the last man in the universe; there'll be others who are smarter and funnier and better than him! There ... aren't.

"He was one of a kind," Iris pipes up, once again making me loathe just how well she can read me.

I glare at her.

"I'm just saying ..." she shrugs and throws my finished braid over my shoulder and stands up. "There's kettle chips in a bowl downstairs if you're hungry."

She climbs back down the hole from where she appeared and disappears from my sight, once again leaving me with my thoughts.

I turn back to the skyline. "I really am gonna miss you, Doofus," I mumble. "I'm gonna miss making fun of you and your ridiculous new inventions and arguing with you over the stupidest things and I'm gonna miss your dopey smile and—"

A pair of hands cover my eyes from behind, cutting me off in midair.

"Guess who?" A voice chimes.

I appreciate Iris trying to cheer me up with this voice manipulation, but hearing Tarron's voice—Krel's voice—is just ... too painful for me. But I play along anyway.

"Hmm, let me think ..." I drawl, pretending to be deep in thought. "You sound like someone very familiar, but I just watched that someone take off in a spaceship and leave this galaxy for good. So if you're who I think you are, you'd better give a good explanation for why you're here and not up there."

"Well, what would you say if I told you that I decided to stay on the Mudball with you?"

I almost laugh at this wishful thinking when another set of hands rest on my shoulders, and I freeze.

No. No way. It can't be ... can it??

"... Iris ... tell me that's you behind me."

"Iris is getting more chips for tonight. You're watching the premiere of Gun Robot 4, right?"

I slowly remove the first set of hands covering my eyes ... and turn around—

"Oh my god what the hell are you doing here?!" I exclaim, elbowing the person in their ribs.

"Ack! What in Great Gaylen was that for?!" Tarron groans, clutching his bruised ribs.

"Sorry! That was involuntary. But seriously! What are you doing here?! Aren't you supposed to be going back to Akiridion-5 with Aja and Varvatos Vex?"

"Yes, I admit that was the original plan, but then I remembered a famous human saying my sister told me. Something about a house in a heart?"

"You mean, 'home is where the heart is.'"

"Yes yes, that. Now as I was saying, I had suddenly thought about that phrase, and I realised how right it is. The Krel from four parsons ago would've never believed it if I told him that I would fall in love with my crazy female Cybernetic classmate and appreciate this Dump Heap planet for ... what it is. But not to worry, I talked about it with Aja and we've decided to make it long distance. She'll come visit me using the wormhole I generated and—"

"But what about your duties? Your planet? Your people? You can't just leave them! You're their prince! You—" I grit my teeth "—belong there."

Tarron reaches out and takes my hand in two of his own. "El, don't you see? I belong with you. Your home will be my home, and your people will be my people, albeit they are as strange as can be." We both gaze at the crowd lingering outside the school, made up of both extraterrestrials and Homo sapiens. "I suppose what I'm trying to say is ... we come in a package."

"... Tarron, I ... no one's ever said anything like that to me before." I reach up towards his face ... and grab him by his ear.

"Hey! Ow ow ow! That hurts!" He yelps.

"What has gotten into you spewing all this sappy gross stuff all of a sudden?! Did some alien kidnap the real Krel and is now trying to make me vomit?"

"That's bold of you to say given the fact that  this 'sappy gross stuff' has just made you cry!"

"What?! No, I'm not crying!" I blurt. Realising he's right, I hastily let him go and wipe away the lone tear on my face.

Ugh, I hate that he knows how to push my buttons.

"Don't deny it, Daxxon. You were definitely crying." He smiles smugly.

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Shut up!" I laugh, punching his arm in mock protest. Then I pull him into a hug, murmuring, "on a more serious note, I'm ... glad you're still here."

"And here I shall stay, so we'll be stuck together like Voltarian littermates, peas in a pod, two cherries of the same stem and—"

I silence him with a kiss.

"... Buhh?" He garbled.

Now it's my turn to smirk. "Tarron, you talk too much. Now come on, don't we have a movie premiere to catch?"

"Huh? Oh, right ... right."

"C'mon."

I take his hand and lead him down into the Daxxon. "By the way, what was that?"

"Was what?"

"'Buhh.'"

"You're not gonna let me live that down, are you?" Tarron groans.

"Not a chance," I say with a grin.