II

Arcadia Oaks High
USA, Earth

Elara's POV

Five minutes before lunch starts, I sneak into the school hallway.

I already scanned through Tarron's school schedule for the day, so I already have everything planned out. With the school's surveillance cameras hacked, now's my chance to act.

I reach his locker and scroll in the combination. His lock opens with a flourish.

Hey, don't look at me! A geek like him would be stupid enough to write down his locker combo and stick it in the front of his Math book. Trust me, if I can see it, everyone else can too.

I reach into his locker and rummage through the messy pile of clothes, papers, books and notes until I find his second pair of pants.

I pull out a whoopie-cushion and stick it on the backside part of the pants before tossing them carelessly in his locker and snapping the lock into place. He won't see what's coming for him until it's too late.

@@@

Aja's POV

"Where's Daxxon today? I have Science after this, so she'll have the opportunity to prance around the classroom and act like a Queen," Krel growls as he pulls out a chair to sit in.

"Leave her be, Little Brother. She's not worth our time. We have bigger things to worry about."

"That's true, I guess," he admits as he sits down. A loud poof suddenly erupts from under his seat. Everyone stops to stare and laugh.

"Look! Tarron's gone all Tooty!" Seamus announces.

Krel's face turns bright red as he stands to check if there's anything under his backside before slowly seating himself down again. Another loud poof rings through the cafeteria.

"Krel! Was that really necessary? Keep the next one to yourself!" I hiss.

"It's not me!" He whispers back.

"Tooting Tarron! Tooting Tarron!" A human boy mocks until everyone in the room chants along.

A paper airplane suddenly hits Krel in the side of his face. He picks it up and unfolds it, revealing a message scribbled onto the paper in neat handwriting:

Happy early Birthday, Doofus!
Hope you like your present!

From ;)

We look up in the direction of where the airplane came from in time to see Elara smiling sweetly at us from a nearby table.

I see Krel's eye twitch and his face turn an angry shade of red. And I know he won't let her stunt off the hook so easily.

@@@

The Next Day
Arcadia Oaks High, Earth

Krel's POV

"I still think this is a bad idea, Little Brother," Aja calls out to me nervously as she follows me into the girls' changing room.

"Well, I said you didn't have to come with me," I answer, as I search under the benches for Daxxon's black sneakers until I find a match.

"And I did, because someone has to look out for the King-In-Waiting before he returns to Akiridion-5 with his limbs in a knot!"

I pull out her shoes and and attach a pair of miniature jet packs to each sole of her sneakers as I explain my plan to Aja.

"I've already installed the jack packs' coordinates to this remote control. When I press this—" I point at a white button with a black X marked over it "—that will trigger the jet packs, she'll launch into the sky, and the remote will alter the packs' movements! Ha ha! My plan is genius!"