0

Thirst

Note: The fan fiction "Thirst" follows scenarios from the anime Vanitas no Carte or The Case study of Vanitas. After the anime ends, the story will continue and follow the manga

Who is Y/n? You were once a human before but as you go through this story you became a half-vampire. From your original hair/hair color, skin color, and figure and etc., you changed. You are currently 18 years old.

Caution: There might be inappropriate lines that you may not be comfortable with, but please do respect others in the comments. There are some insensitive people in this world so be nice. Just message me if you have thoughts that do not need to be put in public.

Hope ya'll enjoy it!

Prologue

Ever since you were little, you wanted to be a well-known detective in Paris. After watching many detective series, you worked so hard by reading a lot of books and newspapers. You were always updated with the latest news or trends in Paris and when there is a case, despite being just a 6-year old child, you always crash the police's investigations.

After 10 years, many people looked up to you and your expertise. The police would often come to you whenever there is a tough case they can't handle. Almost everyone would call you to help out. You love cracking cases so you would never ask anything in return after solving the case.

"Oh, Y/N! Over here! We're so glad you came." You went to the Palace of Versailles where the crime scene is held. You never expected the inspector would call you in to help in such a prestigious royal residence.

"Yo! Inspector Victor, what's the situation here?" You looked around the area to see any clues or any suspicious things that may be valuable to the case and you might have a grasp what is happening at the moment of the state.

"So, basically this guy is found dead two hours earlier. We assume that someone murdered him but as big as this place, we have no lead nor any witnesses. That's why we called you Y/N hehe. Maybe you could help us solve this case." Inspector Victor left you with his assistant to solve the case and went to talk with the forensics and other policemen to discuss the matter.

You went to check the victim's body on the floor. He has a cold temperature and he was only wearing one shoe. The victim was holding a knife. You checked both his arms and it seems he has been struck with a lot of needles. You assumed that he has been dead for a couple of hours already but then you saw bite marks on his neck that looked like he was bitten by a vampire.

You thought to yourself, What's this? No, that's impossible. It has been years that vampires became extinct. You checked his eyes and they were bloody red. Wait, no way! This... no.. this can't be. You got super scared for the first time but you took a deep breath and thought things through again.

This is too suspicious. Not only he has a cold temperature but why does he have red eyes even though he is already dead. Additionally, the shoelaces of the shoe he's wearing are not tied very well while the shoe on the floor is tied real tight. And oh, what's this? A note inside the shoe he is wearing? which means he tried to lose his shoelaces to get the note and his shoe on the floor has always been there so he must be running away from the murderer and have fallen down. So what's this on the note? Vanitas? Hmm... In art, it means a still-life artwork. In some aspects, it is also a metaphor for the meaninglessness of earthly life. Did he kill himself? No, there were bite marks. Vanitas... Vanity... It's also created from the darkness in Ventus's heart. So what does this means? Wait... Vanitas. I remembered my mom telling me these fiction stories. Bite marks of a vampire. Cold temperature. A shoe was left on the floor. And.. a note that only said one word, Vanitas. It can't be!