8

"Y/N wait for me!" Noe shouted with a brimming look on his face. He was so excited to be on the same grounds as the Majesty the Queen. You were casually walking slowly as you wait for Noe, "Castle Carbunculus" you said to yourself. "Isn't this amazing, Y/N?" Noe's presence was so shining that you had to cover your face. "What is?" you replied. "What is?! You just got recognized by Lord Ruthven! How is that not amazing?" Noe hasn't moved on from the news that you solved so many cases in one day. You then answered, "That was nothing." Besides, this is all according to plan anyways. As you walked into the room, you felt a sense of strangeness in the atmosphere.

 As you walked into the room, you felt a sense of strangeness in the atmosphere

"Welcome Y/N to my office or should I say my hobby room. I hope you make yourselves at home." Lord Ruthven greets warmly as you took a step forward.

"So, Y/N. Based on your report, it seems that you really have quite the knowledge." Despite your accomplishments, Lord Ruthven was still suspicious of your being. You had a long sigh after hearing that, "Just ask your questions already, my lord. I really don't have all day" You unconsciously spout that and the atmosphere was silent for a second. Then Vanitas burst out laughing, "That was unexpected Y/N. Right in front of Lord Ruthven." You got confused. Jean then corrected you, "Y/N, you do know Lord Ruthven right?" You rolled your eyes, "Yea, and so?" Jean sighed and continued, "So you should have manners to our superiors too." You had a long sigh again and smiled, "Oh excuse me, my Lord, I really don't have time for a dramatic scene so if you could just say what you wanted to say instead of glaring at me like that, it would be nice and I could continue with my case." You bowed. The Vanitas and Noe cracked up as they laughed so hard. Lord Ruthven just grinned that made them both shut up after a few seconds, "How interesting indeed." he responded.

"Actually, I was just curious about how you came to contact me fast. As you know our telephones are not that advanced. You can see here we use liquid transmitters so you have to go to a place where they have these but as soon as the case was over, you contacted me way too fast for back-up." Lord Ruthven casually showed you a liquid transmitter which was said to be the first telephone in the 1800s. He waited for your explanation but you hesitated.

How could I ever explain to him? Ever since I was young, I have always theorized that we could have communication much easier when it was made. If I explain, he'll know that I have been investigating his background way before he acknowledged me as a detective. What to do? You glanced at Vanitas as he mischievously grinned at you. You frowned at the thought of him just thinking that you couldn't give a clear description of your own device.

Vanitas thoughts: So, what are you going to do Y/N? I won't lie. I also want to know but seeing your face all troubled, I find it so satisfying. Now that I think about it, I feel like your thirst comes out from your emotions. I'm not entirely sure but I change my mind considering you a weak person. I remember you openly shared your past with me even though we met just a few weeks ago. Well, looking at Noe, I think he doesn't know. You really contained your emotions from other people but me Y/N. Is it because I'm your target? Is it because you want me to trust you completely? The more I spend time observing you, the more I also want to know more about you not less than being devoured by you I guess. Urgh...I should take advantage of you when that time comes again soon but I do hope that you could be more honest with your feelings. You really changed me Y/N. So now, what's your next move?