END OF S1-CHAPTER 11

After an exhausting week of investigation, you decided to sleep for the day, "I deserve this." You deeply sigh with relief. As you were lying on your bed and staring at the wall, you recall the situations that have happened this past week and you realized that you are on another step toward discovering something huge. "I wonder what I should get for lunch."

You suddenly got a call, "Y/N, where are you?"

"Oh, inspector Victor! It's been a while. How are you?"

"I ask again, Y/N..." Inspector sounded so severe. You then replied, "Fine. I'm at home. Why?"

"Come to the station right now."

"Fine." You changed your outfit and left in an instant.

You arrived at the station with confusion, "So what is happening here?"

Inspector's assistant shouted, "She's here!"

"Finally!" The inspector hurriedly grabbed your hand and rushed to his office. "Y/N, you are the only one who could solve this case." You deeply sighed, "Fine. Take me there."

You never expected how the case turned out. The team made so many errors and you have to clean this mess up. One of the rookies even touched the crime scene. You yelled at them, "Are you all satisfied with what you are doing right now? Do you think is this some kind of joke to you?!" They all look scared and don't even want to make eye contact with you. You deeply sigh, "Anyways, now you all know that this is not playing detective anymore. It's the real thing. So put it inside those little brains of yours." You proceeded to the investigation. Inspector Victor hand you the files.

"Monsieur Kita, 32 years old found dead at 4:07 PM at his apartment along with her wife Madame Ana. Due to the common violations in collecting evidence, in the past hour, you all have had trouble carrying this out. Wow, this is so funny. I am really laughing at this embarrassment." You said with a straight and poker face looking directly at Inspector Victor. His assistant handed you another file. You got surprised, "Two more victims just on the day of the murder? Now, this is a series of serial murders. What's the situation on this?" You pointed out another case. Inspector Victor explained, "Actually, Shary the resident died in her apartment as well but all the shreds of evidence burnt into crisps but we concluded that she died before the fire even started." You questioned, "Why is that?" He answered, "Well, there were no vital signs detected." Inspector continued, "But there is one common to the three victims..." He whispered unto your ear, "I believe that they're these so-called Chasseurs from that vampire friend of yours." You instantly remembered Roland. "From the church? How is that even-" You stopped and thought about it.

Now I get it. I do know Chasseurs may have some competition with each other to get the higher-ups to notice their efforts but who would even use dirty tricks for a promotion? Hold on. I do believe this other resident, Lyia is not really related to Roland. She also died in her apartment. Why the apartment? Did they have some sort of agenda? Did they meet up or something?

"Inspector Victor, this victim Lyia, did her apartment also caught fire?" He replied, "No. In fact, it's still there just 10 blocks from here. It's now under police custody." You then rushed there using your speed as a dhampir. The moment you arrived you didn't see anything suspicious until you went to the kitchen. You touched a nearby counter and felt really weird about its temperature. As you went to the other side of the wall, you saw another unconscious body right beside the police's markings of Lyia's body when she died. You checked his vital signs, it seemed that he was still alive. "What in the world is happening here?" You brought the victim to a nearby hospital without calling Inspector Victor because you don't want to drag him into a case where vampires could possibly be involved. After the nurses helped the resident regain his consciousness, he panicked and start shouting and apologizing.