6.2

"What are you doing up here Vanitas?" you asked the moment you and Noe arrived. Vanitas didn't utter a word but he looked at you with sorrow. For some reason, Noe got irritated, "VANITAS...I won't lie to myself anymore." Vanitas smirked and replied, "Is that so? Good for you." You had a deep sigh and thought to yourself, Why are they so agitated? Did something happen that I am not aware of? You wanted to change the subject so you asked Vanitas, "Oh right. Vanitas, while I was waiting at Noe's room, did everything settled down?" He suddenly glared at you. You got nervous there and asked yourself, W-what? Did I say something wrong? Vanitas had a sigh as well and said, "Well, Lord Ruthven took care of it and disseminate the remaining people and apparently became his Lordship's guests."

There was a long moment of silence

There was a long moment of silence. For the first time in your life, you couldn't say anything to lighten up the mood. Noe then asked you, "Y/N, is it okay for me to talk with Vanitas alone?" You wanted to stay tho, "But-" You looked at Vanitas once more and thought this would be the best decision, "Fine. I'll just wait on the other side." As you went out of their conversation, you respected Noe's request and didn't try to pry or listened to them. Their conversation begins.

"Vanitas, I already told Y/N what I felt."

"So?" Vanitas remained cold.

"Even so, I won't try to steal her from you," Noe explained.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I knew back then when I kissed her, we couldn't get into sync."

"I expect nothing less. She did say she doesn't even want any romantic feelings," Vanitas leaned on the wall while avoiding eye contact with Noe.

"What's the matter with you?" Noe slowly gets angry.

"Nothing."

"No, no. There is bothering you." Noe wanted to reach his hands but he hesitated. He added, "Vanitas, maybe you thought you were useless back there but to be honest, you're the one who really saved Y/N. Without you, she could become a complete curse-bearer and eventually a true vampire."

Vanitas clenched his teeth and got annoyed. Due to his anger, he draws out a knife at Noe, "I know that! But..."

"