7.3

Yahallo, Minna-san. It's Alyseiki hehe. I would like to personally apologize for the delay in updating this fan fiction. I never expected that my course which is nursing would be this hard to balance my time with my business and writing not to mention I had countless breakdowns with some challenges along the way. When I opened Wattpad, I was crying with the amount of support ya'll have for this fanfiction with so much joy. Now that I got the hang of it, I'll be starting updating once a week every Friday or Saturday. If I can't update, it'll be after two weeks. I really hope you can understand my part.

Let's get right into it then. I'll be updating again next week so enjoy this mini filler.

_____________________________________________________

After the case was done, you and Vanitas went back to Lord Ruthven's estate but you never uttered a single word since then.

"You've proven your skills well, Y/N...No, or should I say Detective Y/N." Lord Ruthven smiled at you and suddenly got concerned. "Are you okay?" He was about to pat your head but Vanitas instantly stood in front of you and said, "My Lord, Y/N is not feeling well right of this moment and would like to give you the reports on a later date. If that's okay with you?" Vanitas had a slight glare towards Lord Ruthven. He thought to himself, So Vanitas was with her this whole time, huh? and he replied, "Sure thing if that's what the detective wants." You continue to look down with no care about the Lord. "Y/N, let's go." Vanitas held your hand and walked you out. Lord Ruthven abruptly called out to Vanitas, "One can change a person's heart but no person could ever change a person's past." Vanitas paused for a moment as he clenched his teeth. You looked up to him with an empty face but you didn't hear what Lord Ruthven said due to loss of thought. Vanitas held your hand tightly and walked out the door. As you and Vanitas were walking on the hallway, you wanted to talk to him but you still don't know what to talk about. In the distance, you saw as you describe an ant because it was so small and far away but as it comes closer and closer, you saw a man running towards you, no, it was NOE! He rushed to you and hugged you so tightly, "Y/N! I WAS SO WORRIED." Once again, Vanitas got annoyed that Noe showed up. "Why are you here, Noe? I thought you were looking for some ice cream." Vanitas said as he crossed his arms. Noe had a scary glare at Vanitas and complained, "You know that I'm bad with directions, I thought we were spying at Y/N together?" Vanitas replied, "Huh? I never said that, you were just following me." Noe that objected, "Vanitas! That was so selfish of you. Keeping Y/N to yourself again?!" Vanitas smirked, "Hmph, she was already mine, to begin with."

As they were arguing, you thought about your past again, "Haha, your mother left you?" "Now that I think about it, she's really born into this world without anyone by her side." You snapped yourself out and said to yourself, they're wrong. I worked so hard for my own future. I really don't need to please everyone. All I need are these people whom I can also rely on. You looked at Vanitas and Noe with a wholesome smile on your face. They suddenly stopped arguing and looked back at you not knowing you are already bursting out with tears, "Oh?" You got confused. Noe and Vanitas also got confused, "Y/N!" they shouted. "I don't know why I am crying but I'm so happy. I'm really happy." You hugged them both and continued, "I'm blessed to have you guys in my life." While you were hugging them, you felt something wet on your right shoulder, as you took a glance at it, you saw Noe in tears as well and got surprised, "Y/N! I'll dedicate my life to you. I know you have so many hardships but I'll always be by your side. I don't care what relationship you think we have but if you need someone, I'm here." You don't understand why he had to mention a relationship for you thought you were already friends but oh well, you smiled and said, "Thank you, Noe!" Then you felt someone gripping your left arm and you saw Vanitas pouting. I never thought I could see this side of Vanitas, it's entertaining.