5.2

You went to the balcony of Altus. You see that there were no people so you decided to reflect upon yourself here, What should I have done? Tsk. Jeanne marked me good. Having my blood drained so fast like that made me so tired. Well, I kinda liked it tho but why do I even feel such frustration. This wasn't in my expectations. I thought I had it all planned out. My powers just go out of control, is it because of Vanitas? Such a drag. Ever since I was bitten by that vampire two years ago, it didn't even mark me but I was marked by Jeanne. Nevertheless, powers are overflowing within me ever since. As I go on self-training, I realized that this power should not be used often. Just touching someone's mind makes me go deep into their thoughts or memories. Luckily the force field earlier went well, if it didn't, I'm sure the whole building will go down. I even let Vanitas' grimoire hit me but still, his powers don't seem to have an effect on me. Originally the force field should be an attack but I never thought I could make it as a defense. A ball-like power structure huh, This case...good thing that Inspector Victor didn't take it. As things go, Charlatan made its appearance. Moreover, it altered Noe's memories but for what reason. That boy... he was killed by Noe's master. His master...I should investigate more on this. Was it even right to have joined forces with them? Noe, I know he didn't mean it. He's too innocent to know what love is like. He must be not in the right mind. His past...I wish I meant him before then if I only knew he would suffer like this. AHHH! I'm overthinking things. What should I do, mom?

As you were sulking on the balcony thinking of a plan for your investigation, Vanitas found you.

"Y/N..."

You got annoyed straight away, "I thought I told you not to follow me."

"Well, after hearing that you don't want my blood to be sucked earlier, I went to find you so that you can suck it again." Vanitas smiled jokingly.

"Pervert."

"Now, now...You don't have to be like that. I'm thrilled you see." Vanitas said as he walked towards you.

You two have a peaceful conversation on the balcony as you both gazing into the night sky.

"Hmph...Vanitas... I have something to talk to you about." you got serious.

Vanitas tilted his head to see your face, "I'm listening."

"I don't really care if you believe me or not but I'll explain. That power I had earlier and in those past few days, I just discovered them after I was bitten by an unknown vampire. Compared to Jeanne who marked me, I didn't felt anything from her. As you know already I can read people's thoughts or memories when I touch their heads and I have an unknown power that can be used as an attack or defense. Having them really puts a strain on my body. I thought I could control my thirst but it came back with an unknown reason as well. After my mom left me, I was just a normal human detective who loved to solve cases but ever since that day, I don't even know what to do. For sure I hurt you and Noe. I don't know anymore..." You sigh and Vanitas kept on gazing at you.

"Y/N...Why do you keep on blaming yourself?" he asked.

"I- I don't know. Maybe I'm sensitive enough..."

"Yea, you told me you don't have friends before," Vanitas uttered.

You hit him and said, "No need to mention that, pervert."

Vanitas laughed as he patted your head and stroke your hair back and forth. There was a moment of silence after that.

"Vanitas, you told me that you loved me but...I'm sorry, I don't think I could return your feelings," you said as you looked straight into his eye.

Vanitas chuckled and said, "Y/N, that's why I love you. You don't have to return it and I don't want you to." He held your hand as he looked at you with those adoring blue eyes.

"Huh? Did you go cuckoo after I rejected you? Do you have love issues or something?" You got confused.

He smiled at you and turned to look at the sky, "It's not like that but, I'm just not a man who can love someone and expect to be loved back."

You widen your eyes and said, "You have problems..."

"Haha, Y/N, just continue to be how you are. I'll follow you anywhere. You could even suck me anytime." Vanitas said with a sneering smile.

"That sounded so wrong, Vanitas." You said with a stern face.

"What do you mean? Do you want to suck something other than my blood?" he asked with a confused expression.

You became flustered and punched him, "AS I SAID, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS! NO!"

Vanitas continued his sinister laugh, "Hehe, magnificent Y/N! I just wanna stay with you like this forever. Here, you could feel my heart beating for you." He grabbed your arm and puts it in his chest.

You instantly hit him again, "Are you a masochist?! You need therapy!!!"

"Well, maybe I am? Having my blood sucked by you feels magnificent I could feel the chills in the veins. The pleasure I feel from your fangs is much more worth it than any other aphrodisiac drink. It would reflect your powers. Due to your actions earlier, the compatibility you had with the person you bitten has become stronger. Study even say that vampire bites may cause dizziness, sleep, paralysis, or other non-pleasurable effects but since it wasn't been confirmed so to you-"

"STOP! STOP! I KNOW ALL THAT!" You stopped Vanitas from finishing his sentence.

"I see...so you know all that." Vanitas grabbed your waist and hugged you.

"What are you-"

"So you know how compatible we are Y/N." he whispered unto your ear.

"You-" You became irritated.

"Y/N...Y/N..." he hugged you tightly.

"Just hearing your voice makes me want to tie you up." he lowered his head as he said that.

You gave in because you lost all strength to even push him away, "Pervert, I tell you."

He lifts your hair and kissed your neck.

"What the hell, Vanitas? Did you gave me a hickey?" You screamed at him.

"Well, I couldn't suck your blood so I could only do this." He smiled with no guilt.

You sighed.

"I love you, Y/N. So if your thirst goes out of control again, come to me." Vanitas said as he placed his head on your shoulder.

"Uh- sure. So can you let me go now?"

"Say please Vanitas," he said.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK?" You were caught off guard by what he said.

"I won't let you go if you don't say it."

This f*cking masochist, haaa- I don't have a choice, do I? You thought to yourself.

"P-please, V-Vanitas..." you stuttered.

He had a moaning sound and said, "AHH, Y/N, you're too interesting!"

"And you're annoying, let's go back. I need to apologize to Noe," you said.

"Well even if you don't apologize, he's blaming himself that he went out of control too," Vanitas replied.

You sighed and said, "This became too troublesome."

And both of you went back inside.