38. Finding Out

Tanya
4:01 am
January 21st,2021

  With Lynn, Agent Parker,Agent Higgins, and Deputy Director Bowers standing in the Oval Office- I do my best not to react. The evidence they've presented me with is undeniable. Anybody with a brain could see it.

  I cover my mouth with my hands, my brain still in denial.

  "No... there's.... There's no way." I rapidly shake my head. "She is a seventeen year old girl. She... oh my god. Oh my god."

  "Madam President.... I've already sent agents up to the residence to take her out. The prison system.... Would not treat her kindly I'm afraid, so she will be in solitary confinement full time."

  "I want to speak to her directly."

  "Madam President I'm not so sure that's the best idea, not right now anyways. Emotions-" Lynn starts.

  "Are running high, I know. I want to speak to my daughter." I stand up. "That is a direct order."

  "Of course, Tanya...." her voice trails off. "Can you bring her down to the Oval Office....yes I'm serious.... No that's not neccesary.... Of course it is. Alright."

  She looks up, the bags under her eyes from not sleeping yet tonight more prominent than ever. "She should be here in two minutes."

  So I wait.

  And when ten secret service agents flood into the Oval Office, two of them physically restraining Katie, I glare at her.

"Leslie Simmons."

"Sold me the Secretary of state's address." She doesn't even hesitate.

  "Congressman Rogers."

  "Sold me the design." She simplifies Alex's explanation.

  "Who planted them in her apartment building and the capital?" I ask, my anger growing with every passing second.

  "Anthony Moralis. A janitor." She answers.

  "Was he the only one?"

  "Yes." She says with a straight face.

  "Why are you cooperating?"

  "I knew I was going to get caught eventually. I just figured I'll make the investigation easier on yall."

  "What?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You know you're a terrible fucking liar right?"

  "Aren't you gonna ask me exactly how I did it?" She ignores me.

  "What about the house speaker and the former congressman's conversation?" I ignore her back.

  "I orchestrated that too. Aren't you gonna ask me how I did it?"

  "Yes."

  "When you won your congressional election, you  told me you were never going to run for President. But you're  a progressive, I knew you would make an amazing president regardless of whether you wanted to or not- and I also knew you wouldn't win anytime in the next twenty years if you did come to your senses. So I started reading up on bomb designs- I honestly don't know how I got away with that, and I bent over backwards trying to contact that group. Don't get me wrong I despise white supremacists but that bomb design was genius. I came to the conclusion that Fred Rogers was a part of the group, so I sold my old Mercedes, bought a really shitty fucked up Ferrari and fixed it myself for just a thousand dollars. It looked and ran like it was brand new in less than a week. The national security advisor was the first to respond to my add, and she paid  a million. I bought a two person motorcycle just to get around and transport my materials to that warehouse, after I bough the design from that congressman. I did build all of them myself. Then i thought the national security advisor would  definitely know where the designated survivor was, so I went to her and she didn't even protest. I paid the janitor to plant them and that was it. All I had to do was get you to the cafeteria before the bombs went off so we wouldn't die and would just be injured at the very most."

I collapse.

  Then Lynn is holding me up, and the medical agent is debating whether or not to forcibly bring me to the medical clinic to treat me for shock, and I'm pushing him aside.

  I've slapped her so hard she stumbles backwards, then forwards and hits her forehead on the armrest, the blunt force trauma causing it to gush blood again before anybody has a chance to react.

  "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!!!" I scream. "YOU FUCKING-"

  "Well yeah, I actually did. That was the whole point."

  I bring my hand back. Lynn catches it before I can hit her again.

  "Let.Me.Go." I grit my teeth.

  "Not happening." She replies, her voice as calm and even as always. "It is my job to protect... the first family from all threats regardless..... even when I don't want to."

  "Fine." A cruelness passes over me. "Then I will sign whatever papers I need to to ensure I am not her legal guardian."