The File

Hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't something she would be doing for the first time nor it was hard given her skills. This time though she would have to be even more careful because Fury would actually remove her from the mission if he understood. Finally hacking through the firewalls she began looking through the newest classified files. 

After an hour or so Natasha was starting to give up until something caught her attention. Classified file with the title ' Project: Super Soldier '. Looking it with wide eyes she wrote some codes and began reading the unclassified version.

Natasha: Какого черта? < What the hell?>

Having enough of it she closed her laptop, put it away and got up from her bed. Entering the bathroom she took off her clothes and got in the shower. Natasha closed her eyes and tried to take her mind away from all the tings that were written in the file but it did not work. Turning off the water and wrapping a towel around her body the red head exited the bathroom and went in her closet. She put on a sports bra, legging and some shoes and went to the gym.

Once in the gym she went straight to the punching bags. Starting to furiously punch one her mind went back to the file. One of the people she trusted the most betrayed and lied to her. With that thought she got more and more angry, letting out her anger on the punching bag and completely ignoring the pain in her hands.

Steve: You know when people are tired, especially at night, they go to sleep.

Natasha: Sleep is for the weak.

 He walked towards her and gently grabbed her elbows to stop her from punching the bag.

Steve: Letting out your anger on that punching bag won't solve your problem.

Natasha: Look who says that.

Steve: Ironic isn't it.

She gave in and let him walk her towards the benches. Sitting down he handed her a bottle of water and she gladly took it. Taking a sip from the water Natasha knew what he was going to say next and began wondering if she should tell him about it. Deciding not to tell him now, she interrupted him before he could say anything.

Natasha: No. I don't feel like talking about it, not at least at the moment.

Steve: Okay. Do you want to spar? Hitting a moving target may help you.

Natasha: Thanks.

She smirked slightly and got up with him following. They went to the sparring mat and got ready.

20 minutes later

Steve was about to punch Natasha in the face but right at that moment she decided that she can't hold it, not from him. So right before he swung his fist towards her she told him.

Natasha: S.H.I.E.L.D. is starting the super soldier program again.

Hearing her words he stopped midway and just starred at her.

Steve: What?

Natasha: They are resuming The Super Soldier program. That same program you were part of. They even have the first few samples ready to test.

Steve: But how?... I thought that... that... that... I... How?

Natasha: I don't know. There wasn't much written.

Steve went to the benches and sat down. Natasha followed him and sat next to him.

Steve: How do you know?

Natasha: I hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.

The blonde nodded his head and looked at the ground. 

Steve: Did it say how they got the formula or something?

Natasha: I didn't read the whole file.

Steve looked at her for a moment the got up and exited the gym. Natasha took a deep breath and leaned back so her back was against the wall. After a minute of sitting like that she got up and also exited. She went to the kitchen and to her surprise she saw Tony there.

Natasha: Isn't it like 3 hours earlier for you to be up?

Tony: Not if I never went to sleep. And I think neither did you.

Natasha: What gave it away?

Tony: You look like shit.

Natasha: You too but do you hear me say it out loud.

He just looked at her with 'are you serious' look and took his mug from the coffee machine.

Tony: Make yourself a cup of coffee, it might wake up the less mean side of you. Oh and before I forget Mr. One eye wants to see you and Rogers in his office in like 15 minutes. Better hurry up.

Natasha: Oh okay. F.R.I.D.A.Y. inform Rogers.

By now Tony has exited the kitchen and Natasha thought why would Fury want them in his office in such short time. Being lost in her thoughts she didn't notice when a certain blonde came in. He cleared his throath and startled Natasha, not that she would let him see it.

Steve: Uh shall we go?

Natasha: Yeah. Let's go.

She looked at him and could still see a little bit of shock and confusion on his face. She moved her eyes from his face and looked down at her feet.

Natasha: I just have to change.

Steve: Oh yeah.

10 minutes later both Natasha and Steve were in the car with Steve driving. The car ride is silent the only sound coming from the radio. They were almost at S.H.I.E.L.D.

Few more minutes and they were parking in front of the massive building. As the gentleman Steve was he opened the door for Natasha and she thanked him. Going in a few agents greeted them with a nod others just ran in a hurry past them. The two made their way over to the elevator, still not saying a word. The elevator ride was the same. Steve knocked on the doors and they heard a ' come in '. The two opened the door and saw Nick Fury sitting at his desk, starring at them.

Fury: You're late.

Steve: You didn't exactly gave us much time.

He was angry. Natasha noted that. Fury glared at him and got up from his chair.

Fury: I called you two here regarding the Red Room mission.

Natasha: What about?

Fury: You two are temporarily out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly this chapter sucks but I'm still posting it. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.

Words: 1042