Leaving

Natasha was leaving and that's final.

For the rest of the day (getting it was morning when they got called) she didn't come out. At some point during the day Steve, Clint, Wanda, Pepper and even Tony tried to talk to her, but with no luck. They were kind enough to leave some food in front of the door, but Natasha didn't touched it. She was too busy thinking what will she do when she leaves. Should it be forever or for unextended period of time. Where would she go? What would she do? These three questions were haunting her mind.

It was little after 3am. Natasha had already packed up and was waiting for Steve to exit his room and go for his run. Steve had nightmares of going into the ice and the only things that helped him were running and/or exercising, so almost every morning around 3:30 am he would be out and would return around 6am . When she heard the door down the hallway open and close she knew it was him. But instead of the elevator she heard a knock on her door.

Steve : Nat I know you're not sleeping, open the door.

Natasha was thinking about not opening the door, but getting that he knew her too well for her liking, it was pointless. She opened the door a little and popped her head out it.

Natasha: What do you want?

Steve: To talk.

She opened the door further so he can get in. When he did she led him to the couch to sit.

Natasha: What do you want to talk about?

Steve: You know about what. What happened in there?

Natasha: Nothing.

Steve: Yeah my arm surely thinks is  nothing.

Natasha: Sorry bout that.

Steve: It's nothing. But really what happened?

Natasha: Just... you know memories and all.

Steve: Mhm. Want to talk about it?

At this moment Natasha didn't know what to do. Part of her was telling her that he would judge or pity her and would not understand her, but other part was telling her that she may feel better when she opens up about it. 

Natasha: ok. So um I... don't know how to start.

He let out a dry laugh.

Steve: How about when were you born?

Natasha: Oh ok. Umm I don't really know when, but I've seen some documents say January 31st (A/N had to make up a date cuz this is not based  on the movies) 1925.

Steve: 1925. Surely didn't expected that.

Natasha: Surprised you're not the only antique in the team. But yeah I am old. Now you may be wondering didn't I said 1984? Well yeah but it was just a cover.

Steve: oh.

1926 Stalingrad, Russia

Screaming and crying . That's all it could be heard. In the cold night it can be seen one big house surrounded by fire. Firefighters were trying to stop it and to get to the people in the house and neighbors trying to see what is happening. Fortunately some of the firefighters succeeded to get in. When they did they saw a mother screaming for help while the baby she was holding was crying. They got to her as fast as they can, but the woman was already unconscious. One of them was holding the baby while the other was holding the mother. The one with the baby successfully escaped, left the baby and went to help the other one. He got to him but in that moment the roof of the house fell, killing the three people instantly.

1930 Moscow, Russia

The little girl whose name was Natalia  Romanova was living with her adoptive father for a  year and a half now. He was an old man with no children or wife. He adopted her few months after the third family she has been with didn't want her anymore. Now she was living in Moscow with him.

Nikolai: Наталья милая, нам нужно поговорить <Natalia dear, we need to talk>

Natalia:Разве ты не хочешь меня больше, как другие? <Don't you want me anymore like the others? >

Nikolai:Конечно, я хочу тебя. Почему ты думаешь, что я нет?
<Of course I want you. Why would you think that I don't? >

The little redhead just shrugged and looked at the floor.

Nikolai:Вас сюда позвал не из-за этого. Мне нужно поехать в Америку на год или два, и сколько бы я ни хотел, я не могу взять тебя с собой, поэтому я отправил тебя в школу-интернат. <This is not why I called you here. I need to go to America for a year or two, and no matter how much I want, I can't take you with me, so I'll sent you to boarding school. >

Natalia:Но зачем тебе идти?<But why do you have to go>

Nikolai:Из-за работы. Это срочно, и я не могу отказаться. Кроме того, вы узнаете новое и познакомитесь с новыми людьми. <Because of work. This is urgent and I cannot refuse. Plus, you will learn new things and meet new people>

Natalia just nodded but soon started to cry so Nikolai pulled her in a hug.

~Present day~

While Natasha was telling her story Steve's eyes never leaved hers.

After she told him about her father, Steve received a message. After reading it he had a worried look on his face.

Natasha: What is it?

Steve: Nothing.

Natasha: You're a terrible liar.

Steve: Ok, ok  S.H.I.E.L.D. got a lead on the Red Room.

Natasha: How is that nothing? We should go.

Steve: We?

Natasha: Yeah we. You have a problem with that?

Steve: It's just that you know umm... you know what happened.

Natasha: Let's just go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another updated chapter yay.

Words: 858