Chapter 2

Third
The further along the duo went, the more complex the areas they entered seemed to become. "These people are seriously fucked up..." Y/n muttered, gesturing to a sign covered in blood. "And society thought it would be okay to leave this to fester?"

"They probably didn't know." Ada replied with little care as she pushed him past the warning sign and down the dirt trail. "Focus on the task at hand."

"Yeah..." He mumbled, taking his gun from its holster and checking the magazine as he'd begun to do out of anxiousness with all the risk of being attacked. When he was sure it was fine he put it back and checked the other guns. As they walked it became increasingly obvious as to the signs getting bloodier and bloodier as they got closer that where they were going at this very moment was not the safest spot.

Ada kept her eyes around them, keeping a keen eye on any possible incoming threats. Her hands swayed slightly at her sides as she walked next to the male with him beside her. The duo could hear noise after noise that sounded too aggressive to be safe, yet nothing ever came of the noises.

His left hand brushed against her's suddenly, gaining both of their attentions as they locked eyes suddenly. He looked down towards his hand before shoving it into his pocket, "Sorry..." Ada didn't respond, simply began to walk faster.

Meanwhile a dirty blonde haired agent continued his exploration when he could hear the sound of rock scratching against rock. He turned his gaze upwards to see a large boulder being pushed off a cliff by a few villagers. As it declined quickly and him having realized he was on the downward side of a hillside. His eyes widened slightly as he began sprinting down the path with the huge boulder hot on his heels at every turn, even the trees failed to slow it down until he dodged at the last minute and it slammed into the cliff side. With labored breath he placed a hand over his chest, trying to catch his breath.

Now with the way forward cleared he continued through a tunnel-like spot, gun held firmly in his hands. He kept a cautious eye around him, making sure that he was safe from any dangers. Once he made it to the other side he spotted another warning side and a villager holding what appeared to be a stick of dynamite.

He groaned internally about having to deal with their explosives, but at least now he could keep distance. He aimed his pistol, eyes locked on the bomb as he fired. As it went off in the hand, the villager's arm imploded from the force and killed him almost instantly.

As he entered inside one of the houses that was rigged with tripwires, he shot towards them in order for them to no longer threaten him. Banging sounded suddenly, almost as if something was trying to get out of something. He found a few more bits of ammo and even a herb. He pushed aside a bookcase that blockaded the door and the banging grew louder. As he looked around the room he spotted the wardrobe shaking slightly. He ran over, standing to the side as he opened the door. A man fell to the floor with a grunt and a thud.

Meanwhile the duo had split apart to cover more ground, Y/n checking his guns again as he enters yet another building rigged to hell with explosives. "What the fuck is this place?" As he spoke he heard loud boots sound against wood and panic filled him. "Oh shit! Not this guy again!" He looked around wildly, spotting an open door at the end of the hallway and making a run for it.

Just after he closed the door he shears the one on the other end of the hall slam open. He gulped and crouched low to the ground by the door as it too was slammed open. As he went to run back into the hallway he paused when the man didn't bother looking around, entering a part as fighting broke out. Though his curiosity demanded he looked, he ran down the hallway and grappled onto a nearby ledge to view the small area. His e/c orbs scanned around as villagers dragged out two unconscious men. "Must have been one rough night, huh?" He snorted to himself before hearing them cursing more in Spanish.

After a few hours, having to kill a man with a very large axe, and Luis; the man in the wardrobe running away Leon contacted Hunnigan. "Sorry I couldn't get in touch sooner, I was a little tied up."

Her eyes showed sympathy as she spoke up. "You're okay right?"

"I'm fine. There was a male civilian held captive. According to him Ashley's in a church somewhere."

"What happened to him?"

"He managed to escape."

"Do you have a fix on the location of this church?" She asked, head tilting ever so slightly.

"No, but apparently there's a secret passage in the village that leads there. I'm heading back to the village." With such she nods as he puts the device back in his pocket, head turning slightly as he began making his way back towards the village.

Meanwhile a male, who wandered around after the two being held captive and watched Luis run off, stood on a hill watching Leon quietly. His e/c eyes stalking him as he looked around the little area he was taken to. "So you aren't dead. Good job of that, but stay out of my way." He mutters as warning, turning his attention elsewhere briefly. "Well... maybe he knows where the virus might be. Can't hurt to try."

With that he turned his sights back on the blonde and began following after him as he wandered in confusion. He paused and hid behind a wall when he noticed the blonde talking to a strange man wearing a spotted mask, just covering his nose and mouth, speaking to him. They exchanged a few things and the man walked back. He caught Y/n in his vision briefly before the male escaped it, though he was followed into the little house he had run into. "Who's there?"

He could he the sound of a gun clicking, making it known he wasn't one of the villagers. He bit his bottom lip and let just his eyes and the top of his head be seen. "Who are you?"