Chapter 7

When he finished bartering Y/n stood up and dusted himself off, hand going back over his side before letting his hands go limp. Leon sent him a worried smile, walking over and gently pressing around the area, fingertips brushing over the soft skin of his abdomen and over the bandage. "Who did this to you?"

"You'll see..." Was the only thing Y/n replied with. He continued to walk, leaving Ashley and Leon behind for a moment until the two raced after him. They got to an area with stone walls, Leon sniping people in cloaks from behind a box. Y/n debated using this time to run away again or not, but chose to stay for his own safety. His eyes traveled to Leon's hardened face, the way he clenched his jaw and glared when he nearly missed his shots. The way he seemed to internally scold himself for every little mistake, Y/n found this admirable. Leon lowered the gun and jerked his head to the side, leading the way up the spiral stairs. They fought cloaked enemies while Ashley spun a crank as quickly as she could manage.

Y/n's eyes glanced between the two before he looked down at his injured arm. He pondered where Ada had gone, but stayed remotely quiet about it. Instead he kicked at his feet and lifted his handgun, managing to shoot one of the new enemies that raced for the catapult. Leon looked over at him and nodded as a sign of thanks.

The lever lifted a cannon up that shot towards the large wooden gate, demolishing it completely. Y/n put his gun away and waited for a moment, then raced off past the two for the newly broken door. "Y/n!" Leon called out, racing after him and pulling the male back and pressed flush against his chest.

Y/n could feel the racing beat of Leon's heart pounding against his back, lifting his head sheepishly to stare through his lashes at the male. "Oh no~ You caught me~" His suddenly cheerful tone made a small smile find Leon's lips.

"I'll fucking drop you." Though Leon tried desperately to sound scary it only made the smaller male giggle. Leon continued to stare down at him, eyes glancing to his lips before returning to his eyes. Y/n caught this and smirked as he pulled away and turned to face Leon properly.

"Since you caught me. What are you gonna do with me?" He batted his eyes at the dirty blonde, who sighed and palmed his face.

A light pink found Leon's cheeks as he removed his hand, "Let's get going..." With that he began to lead the way with the other two eagerly following behind. As they went they found the merchant, but Leon waved away and continued through a red door with the other two.

Upon reaching the other side and closing the door Leon pulled out his device. Hunnigan began to speak immediately. "Leon. Where's your current location?"

"We decided to lay low in a castle but it looks like it was a bad move."

"Meaning?" Hunnigan asked.

Well it appears this castle is also connected with the Los Illuminados. They must not get many visitors here cuz they're giving me one hell of a welcome."

"Sounds bad," Hunnigan began, "I have an idea Leon. I need you to-" The radio suddenly went staticky and the trio looked between each other.

"What? Repeat Hunnigan. Great. Just my luck." Leon spoke, putting away the device to lead the way again. Ashley kept next to the two men, her left hand grabbing onto Y/n's sleeve while she looked around. They picked up swords and were attacked by a horde of ganados with black cloaks.

Y/n pulled his knife out and held it firmly in his dominant hand. His eyes narrowed as an enemy made attempts to grab onto Ashley and shoved the knife into the lower side of their neck before ripping up and away. Ashley squealed and hid behind the slightly taller male, keeping herself from view. They moved around the last sword and a door opened up, Y/n pushing Ashley through while keeping pace behind her with Leon following behind.