Chapter 9

(Had blood work recently so I wasn't able to update for a little. And I've been quarantined... *doesn't even have COVID the school just hates me* :))
"The both of you are safe now... I promise... I'm not gonna let anything else happen to either of you... Let's get going." He leaned over and held the smaller male again before letting him go and walking with the two of them in tow.

They didn't get very far ahead before Leon pulled out his device. "Ah. What a touching moment we have here."

"All spoiled thanks to your interruption. Why don't you do us all a favor and leave before the audience gets pissed off?"

Salazaar laughed briefly before staring into Leon's eyes. "You're nothing but an extra to my script so don't get too carried away. Your biggest scene is over."

"I don't ever remember being part of your crappy script."

"Well then, why don't you show me what a first-class script is like; through your own actions." With that his face left and Leon put the device away, sending the two shy glances.

"That little prick is getting on my nerves!" Growled an irritated Y/n, who's eyes had narrowed sharply. "Though..." With this his face softened as he looked down at the injury. "I don't know how much help I'll be with this..."

Leon's eyes softened and he pulled the smaller male into his chest again, keeping him there gently. "It doesn't matter if you help out or not. I'll keep you safe, you have my word."

"You have her to protect Leon. If it comes down to it, to the point you have no choice but to choose. Save the girl." Leon bit the inside of his cheek and nodded, though part of him didn't want to just let him go. He turned his head and let out a soft sigh, beginning to lead the way like he'd done earlier.

Y/n walked slower behind them, but enough to keep up without hurting himself. His e/c eyes scanned the halls as he latched onto Leon's bicep. Leon sent him a shy look back before leading him further along.

He suddenly turned his gaze to Ashley, "How are you doing?" His question sparked curiosity out of the two of them.

"I'm okay..." Ashley replied, moving some of her blonde hair behind her ear as she walked a little faster to keep Leon's pace. After a little bit of walking they found a weird platform that moved across a large gap. Leon stepped onto it and turned around, gingerly removing Y/n from himself.

"Wait here." He ordered with his softened tone, seeing the worry filled eyes of both as the platform began to move him away from them. Y/n placed his hand over his injured side and turned to find somewhere to rest. Ashley waited a second longer to watch as Leon got off at the other side before following quickly behind Y/n.

"Thank you..." She began, catching him completely off-guard.

"What?"

"For helping me... And teaching me how to defend myself! I..." A glint of determination shone brightly like a newly burned flame in her eyes, "I won't let you down!" She began to smile as they found something to rest near, Y/n sitting on the ground calmly.

He returned the smile and nodded as he looked around the small area, "You won't hopefully ever need to use it. I taught you for necessity, but not to use it unless absolutely necessary, okay? We'll get you proper gun safety lessons when you're home."

She nodded with a cheeky grin and stretched her arms out in front of her before leaning her body against the male's left side, though careful of his injured arm and shoulder. He didn't mind much as he leaned his head back against the stone.

When he entered into the new area lava bubbles and heat swarmed his body. A thin layer of sweat beaded on his forehead as he began his journey around the room. He fired at the connecting rods used to hold up dragons that breathed genuine flames. This brought up two small chests that he took items from.

He continued, the sweat slowly beginning to race down his face. He jumped into a weird spinning cage and raced out the other side, killing off two enemies that raced towards him. He continued forward, keeping the other two in the front of his mind.

He shot an enemy that suddenly appeared on a lowered statue, causing the entire thing to break and fall into the lava. Stairs appeared leading up to a final chest that he took the emblem from. Sweat trickled down his face as he turned in place briefly. He wanted nothing more than to get out of this fucking room.

He grabbed the emblem and made a run for it, rushing through the narrow spots and leaping onto that small cage while jumping out the other side. He got out and breathed in the cooler air tiredly, closing that door behind himself. "Jesus fucking Christ..." He muttered, slumping against the door briefly. After a moment he continued, stepping onto the platform to see Y/n and Ashley talking on the other side.

It had been nothing more than little rambles on either end, just wanting to fill the eerie silence with small talk. Ashley grabbed Leon's arm and pulled him towards an area with a mining cart. Y/n got to his feet to join them, sitting next to Leon while Ashley hesitated.

After a moment she sat down across from the two and looked around them, "How does this work?" She asked, only to get a shrug from Y/n in reply. Leon looked about briefly before finding a way to make it go, taking the trio somewhere else within the castle.

Once they reached the new area they got up, walking towards another door with that same pink/purple flame. "I wonder what they use to make this..." Y/n spoke up shyly. "I bet I could figure it out."

"I'd like to see too." Ashley agreed, peering up at the light while Leon blinked. He watched their curious faces before they suddenly snapped back into gear the moment he cleared his throat. They scurried over to him and followed him into the next room.

This led them to the room with the three emblems missing, Leon looking between the two as he placed them in the proper spaces. He stepped back as gears clicked from within the old wall. It lowered into the floor to reveal a passageway that the three walked down calmly.
They entered into a small area that Y/n looked at calmly.

This calmness alarmed Leon, making him feel as if something is terribly wrong with his strange companion. "Y/n... I should tell you... Luis..."

"He's dead..." Y/n replied coldly, though Leon could see the mourning beneath the mask. "I know." With such he continued walking ahead now, leading them further along while looking around.

He sat casually in the mine cart and Ashley was quick to join him. Leon sat across from them this time and watched as the two rambles off randomly about things. He watched in silence, eyes trailing over Y/n's face. This led them to yet another door.

After a few minutes they found an area with four pressure plates. Being the cocky son of a bitch he is, Y/n managed to use his weight to get two down. This showed off some of his flexibility to Leon, which did not go unchecked. The other two got the last ones before a door opened up.

Y/n smiled shyly and jogged slowly to catch back up. They exited through a golden colored door where they found Salazaar. With his back turned to the trio he began to talk. "I think you've lived long enough. Let's see if you can survive this time." With a wave of his hand the door behind them slammed shut. They glanced behind them before Y/n pulled out his handgun.

"Piss off short-" He's cut off suddenly by a rush of pain through his head.

Salazaar snickered, "You should have paid more attention to your surroundings. Maybe then you wouldn't have such... poisoned blood." Spikes flung from the ceiling, startling the trio further.

"No!" Ashley screamed, her voice full of genuine fear. Salazaar used this time to run away while giggling loudly. Y/n raced after him, just barely missing the door before it locked him in the room.