Chapter 2: Other World Part 2

I continued to the school as the sun didn't seem to move at all, same with the clouds as if they were like cutouts on a cardboard layer. I didn't really care about that though, noticing that the closer to the school I got, the more the gem's illuminating aura began to beat. At first it wasn't noticeable but when I arrived at the entrance of the school, bits of mortar and brick from the walls aimlessly flew into the school to create a perfect replica, the gem began to fade away and then rise to a bright red color in four-second intervals. 

Why it was doing this was beyond me, but one thing was certain, there was something in here causing the gem to do so. I apprehensively grabbed the handles to the door and opened it up to see the lobby mostly intact, only parts of the ceiling being drawn into the sky and opening up into miniature slices, revealing the open air. Everything was still the same as it is in the real world, except the areas I haven't really been around like the office seemingly almost too plain. The heater and the cafeteria just a little further ahead were the exact same with small details like a pink slip of paper being jammed inside the heater. 

Watching the beat of the gem, I used it to guide me around where it was locked onto. Each classroom was the epitome of generic except for the ones I had to go to on a normal basis, having their own unique setup like in real life. I didn't really care about that as the beating of the gem began to quicken with a beat every two seconds and the light was brighter. I must be getting closer to whatever it was, stopping to look around and noticing that I was in a part of the school that I hardly frequented. Everything seemed dead, with the floor tiles clipping onto one another and the end of the hallway being completely gone. 

The rest of it must be in the sky, looking to see platforms just hovering in the air. The classrooms in this hallway were the same, missing a light switch, having a chalkboard, and rows of elementary desks on the other side. Then without me following where the gem wanted me to go, the beating began to quicken on its own. What the hell does that mean? Anxiety began to take over my mind as the beats were now resembling a heart, two pulses every second and a half. The lights in the hallway gleamed continuously except for the ones at the end of the hallway where I was, as these ones snapped off with a sparking effect. Followed by this was a quiet chitter around the corner. Something... something was moving this way and I didn't really know what to do, freezing in fear. 

Then nothing, silence was the worst thing right now though. Maybe it didn't know I was here or maybe it didn't even exist; it's just a part of my imagination. Still, I could hardly breathe, turning toward one of the classrooms and carefully walking over to the door. As my finger curled around the handle, a large pincer clasped the corner of the hallway. It almost seemed like a crab pincer or a lobster's, crushing the piece of the wall it held onto. Small pieces of dust and debris fell to the ground only to rise back up into the sky. That didn't matter though as large skinny spider legs with thin hairs began to round the corner, fear freezing me once again. 

Slowly, its body followed behind as I could see a large worm-like creature with eight long spidery legs and the head of a crab. Eyes littered the head as the body arched upward, like if someone was kneeling, with the pincers connected to slender arms connecting to the body. At the end of the creature was a stinger, a scorpion's stinger is what it looked like. It stood still as soon as its eyes spotted me, both of us making eye contact with stillness infused in our bodies. Suddenly without any warning, it charged at me with its body loosely keeping forward to grab me. Then as my eyes widened and the creature was about to collide with me, I awoke in my bed. 

The school day was normal with Jose's gang, as I believe, still hunting me after I disrespected them. Luckily though, they weren't anywhere to be seen but it's not like I actively looked for them myself. The image of the creature in my dream was stuck in my head, what even was that thing? I could remember it as clear as day, that thing being a weird combination of a camel spider, scorpion, crab, and a very skinny tarantula. My mind was racing at the nightmare but that's just what it was, a nightmare.