Chapter 2: Other World Part 4

In the dream, I was exactly where I left off... at least I think I was anyways. The school was in pieces with large platforms now broken apart in the sky. Only fragments like the part I was on remained grounded. In my hand was the knife I had when I left, and the gem nestled nicely in my jacket pocket. I guess it was my luck that the school was torn apart, as I could see that the monster was nowhere in the school, hiding somewhere and waiting for me to unknowingly walk by. I still couldn't see it though, was it underground? 

There's really no way for me to know before remembering that the gem's glow seemed to fade in and out faster the closer it became. Taking it out, I could see that it was beating once every two seconds. So...It was nearby but not close to me. Carefully, I lowered the gem to the ground only to see it, very slightly, beat slower. But if it's beating slower the closer I get to the ground, then... Looking up, I could see that there were some sections with large platforms where something like that could be standing on, but I couldn't see anything from this view. 

I'm not that comfortable with heights, so is this how it was supposed to play out since the beginning? Well, I might as well end it as soon as possible, making my way toward some floating pieces of the school that seemed climbable. Now that I think about it, this is essentially a leap of faith here, grabbing onto a large chunk of what I could only guess was once part of the wall and pulling myself up. It still remained to float... though seemed almost bouncy, bobbing up and down before settling. Only one step at a time, in which was about twenty-seven steps I had to go through.

What's the word? Tedious? Every step was like wall climbing, having to find a good hold while scaling up the smaller platforms. Lockers, desks, pieces of the wall, you name it as I had to climb to the top. Finally, I could see the creature, its large body only covering half of the platform it was on. Not only that but it seemed to be exhausted, or sick. I couldn't tell as it loomed in a dreary scary way, watching my progress. 

I don't know if it was faking the whole ordeal but even without preparing for a sudden attack, it had the advantage. While climbing, I could see that jumping to the large platform was my only option, so it could easily just swat me away while I was in the air. I needed to jump from a higher angle and dive toward it with speed, rather than just jumping to the platform and trying to pull myself up from there. As luck would have it, the broken debris and rubble created a stubbed staircase that I precariously climbed up, yet the creature still didn't do anything as I inched toward making the leap. 

I don't think it understands, I'm not scared anymore, and I'm ready to finish this with the knife in my mouth as I hiked up. Landing on top of the beast was impossible, so that won't work... I guess I just have to jump and pray that it doesn't attack. With no other way popping up in my slow brain, I leaped off the nine-foot drop as my legs were ready to roll. If I wasn't cautious and careful, I might just roll into the creature though, I didn't really think about that.

Feet landing and slipping on the platform, my body tucked and rolled across as I inadvertently swiveled around at some point while rolling. Facing the wrong direction as I rose from the ground confused, I quickly turned around with the knife out of my mouth and into my clenched hand. Still, the monster didn't attack or take advantage of my weird roll, which I don't know how I messed up like that. Instead, the creature cowered and inched back toward the edge. 

Confrontation is its weakness; I don't believe it...or was it? If it was a trick, then it was playing the role perfectly. I'm impatient though, running up with the knife and slashing at the main body, only to feel my knife cutting nothing. Stupidly, I closed my eyes while slashing and opened them to see that it was gone, the light of the gem in my pocket almost blinding me. The sound of feet stampeding sounded all around me before fading away, turning around to see all of them there. The gang that keeps terrorizing me whenever they see fit.