Chapter 7: Final Stretch Part 2

I didn't even have time to think of a better idea than what was given to me. I could very well get hurt if I didn't time it right, my legs flying in front of the rest of my body. As the couch was swung toward my feet, I waited for the right moment as I held my legs close to my chest as much as possible, only pushing out when I felt the couch press against my feet. The slight pain of my ankle feeling the pressure of Bulb's swing made me wince, but I still managed to escape the full thing, skidding on the ground and catching myself just before hitting the wall. London was already counter-attacking too, with his highest spider legs slinking into the couch and letting it flip his entire body. Only after that, he decided to plunge the four other spider legs into whatever they could grab of Bulb's skin. For a large creature like that, the spider legs could only grab onto the flaps of skin that folded into one another. He was relentless but just wasn't fast enough as Bulbs stared at him before unlatching its large mouth and blurting out words. They weren't just simple vulgar comments either as London was sent into the ceiling and near the hole I was torn from, slamming against it and falling back to the ground. So what, this thing is not only fast but can pick up about anything, push us back with words alone, and fucking vomit acid. Our best chance would be just running away with the necklace around its neck. London almost accidentally got a hold of it when he was sent flying back but it wasn't enough. I don't think anything we're able to do would be enough right now as Bulb began to release a gurgling sound from deep within its throat. Both of us knew what that meant as London rushed to pick himself up and run away from the scene of the possible crime as I ran behind the large figure.

I don't think it cared that I was here, instead focusing on London as a wave of vomit followed his path as he ran across the room. London was rightfully desperate for an idiot as I lunged on the back of Bulb's neck and grabbed ahold of the thin chain. Still after all this, it was still aiming for London. Did it even feel me on its back or pulling on the necklace? Well, not my problem right now as I tried wrangling it off. Nothing, it wouldn't go over the damn dude and my claws couldn't cut through this thin piece of metal. If I couldn't do it, then the dumbass will have to, positioning myself a little bit higher up Bulb's neck while hanging onto the chain, before stomping my foot on its right cheek. At first, it didn't do anything but as I put my entire weight into the kick and spun its vomiting mouth to the side away from London. It seemed he caught on to the chance he had as London immediately turned around and rushed to where I was. One good plunge into the neck might take Bulb's down, but that wasn't going to happen. I already knew it with how tough the skin was, waiting for my own chance to take the necklace. Crouching down and reaching for it, I realized just then that Bulb's skull was quite thick and not far from the surface of the skin. I felt it, but I just didn't have enough power to really do damage or fracture it. There was one idiot who had might be able to do it though. He's such an idiot, however, that I couldn't stop where he was attacking right now at the only semblance of a neck on this thing's neck. With Bulb's flow of vomit almost out, his neck was still pulled forward and low.

Split seconds went by as I waited for just the right moment where London couldn't stop himself from pulling back and where I could yank Bulb's head up for the blow. Then as the time arrived, both Bulb's and London began their attack. London's was predictable but Bulbs wasn't, quickly turning and lifting his head to stare down his charging opponent. Male masculinity is a fucking nightmare, as Bulb's even corrected his posture. Within that moment, I lost my balance and reared back with my head turned toward the ground. What a way to die, falling off the back of a slob like this in a fucking dream. Would DJ even know what happened? Who gives a crap about that when I have these amazing reflexes, holding out my hands while falling, quickly gliding my fingers along its neck in hopes of grasping the necklace and letting gravity carry me. As soon as I touched down, the rest of my momentum followed with my arms pulling toward the ground. It was just in time as Bulb's head was quickly pulled down just as London sent all of his spider legs forward. I don't know if he could've pierced his neck, but this was a guaranteed smack to get exactly what I needed. Bulbs was sent staggering to the side as his loose head made it easy to just slip off the necklace. London was stupidly astonished too as if what he did was all a part of his plan. Yeah right, looking up to the large hole where I first came from. Before I could even think about getting up there, Bulb's already managed to get back up and began swinging wildly at us. There wasn't even a serious bruise on his cheek, just a slight scratch and reddish spot that contrasted horribly with his sickly skin. I thought that at least there would be something, just what is this thing? Hell, why am I even still here with the key in my hands, turning around and grabbing London's arm before leaving. I just need to retrace my steps, left-right-right-left... This fucking maze is pissing me off.