Chapter 6: Finally Inside part 2

The class continued as normal throughout the rest of the day until it was time for us to finally go home. A part of me wanted to check up on Jackson after school, but he hung out with Jose for a reason, right? There was also that Miriam character too so there really wasn't any reason for me to help Jackson out. On that fact, Jose was extremely weird, and I guess it wasn't just today either. He seemed less, well, less like a bully and seemed to be turning into a totally different person. Maybe that was because of what we were doing, or maybe it's because of him naturally growing as a person for once. Before I could finish my thoughts, Grif managed to find me through the busy hallway with something in their hand. I couldn't exactly see it through the hordes of people all going one way like a herd of animals, but something seemed almost exciting. Every cell in my body told me that it was worth getting over to Grif, and whatever it was that within in their palm would be life changing. I couldn't stop this feeling from forcibly pulling my body toward this mysterious exchange, letting it happen as Grif looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Do you have one of these, London?" They said before taking their hand out of their pockets and showing me the beautiful gem. It was almost the exact same as the one I had back at the house, and its beauty was easily distinguishable.

"Where... Where did you get that?" I said before Grif immediately waved away that question.

They seemed adamant on what they wanted, directing the conversation back to me, "So you have seen it. How about you tell me before I choose to trust you?"

"Why do you need some insurance to know if you should trust me?" I said, accusing Grif for this unfair treatment but they persisted with their question.

I eventually let up as we were going around in circles and really going nowhere in what was really important, "Okay, okay. Well, I saw this gem in an antique store. You know, the one with the backwards Q? Then the next day, it was in the dumpster after I had a trippy dream with it."

"Hell, we both just found it by chance. That means there could be more people with this kind of gem, I think that is what's causing these dreams." I have to admit, Grif figured it out pretty quickly but this information about the gem causing the dreams was obvious to me already. The part about other people having the gems seemed strange to me though, it just didn't make sense. That didn't mean it wasn't possible either. I mean, there could be other people out there like us, but who? I needed time to think, but there really wouldn't be any time, would there? These nights of intense action have been leaving a toll on me, looking at my hand and how it seems to twitch without me even doing anything. If it's like last time, then all I need to do is finish off whatever is in that house. Besides that though, I don't have that much energy throughout the day, like how you feel after a nightmare or something like that. Maybe I can hand some nights over to Grif so I can get some actually good sleep for once, but this problem must be having the same effect on them too. Well either way, we have to continue fighting in Jose's world, waving goodbye and heading our separate ways to our ways back home. Nothing really happened on the way. It has just been quiet, which isn't a bad thing in itself. Just that it seemed unnatural to me right now. From when I first got this gem to now, so many things have changed, and I haven't had any time to actually process any of it. It wasn't long before I got home and spent the rest of the day doing what I do best... being lazy. The day slowly slipped away before I could even realize it as I headed to bed, waiting to be done with Jose's head.

Here I was again, though there were some changes to the area like the shadowy things being totally gone now and the door to the eerie house being wide open. I guess once we unlock something, it doesn't just reset again each night. Of course, Grif was already here in the weird kimono clothes. Then again, I couldn't even begin to describe what I was wearing in the first place. Just some kind of flexible black and orange suit or something like that. If we do only have a limited time in Jose's head, then I shouldn't be here lollygagging about what we're wearing. I ran up to where Grif was and joined them at the foot of the house, peering in to see the same run-down living room. Some things were changed though like where the couch was. I honestly don't remember where it was before but now the door was pressed against it, with a small table near the two door frames on the other side of the room. There wasn't anything on the table as far as I could see, but it just didn't fit there.

"Hell, you know what it's like inside so go right ahead." Grif said as I peered inside, taking one hesitant swallow before stepping in. I was expecting the horrible feeling from before but there was nothing like that. No fear, or the expectation of pain anymore as I kept my gaze on the doorway to the right. That's where the bottles came flying out of last time, and the other doorway right next to it was the source of the fear. If the feeling is gone from where I stood though, then maybe I won't feel it over there anymore. I had to try it as Grif followed behind me, looking around the room and seeing the stains on the walls. It looked horrible but I know what comes next, hearing the groaning sound in the darkness and seeing a bottle fly out of the abyss toward my head. Quickly, I ducked as it flew past me, startling Grif and sending glass everywhere. Now was the time to run, jolting across the couch and jumping as another bottle slammed into the cushions. A bad choice on my part as two more soared through the air with me unable to dodge, glancing around the room to see what I could do. Without any time, I sent the upper left splinter into the wall and held it there, yanking me back like putting the brakes in a car as the bottom splinters immediately pushed against the wall. This sent me up toward the ceiling and safely away from the two bottles. Grif must've noticed where the bottles were coming from now as they bolted like a bullet toward the right doorframe and high-kicked in the air where the bottles were coming from. This random strike somehow managed to kick a bottle off course and away from me, allowing me to get down and continue my way toward the other side. There was a definite discrimination going on here though. The bottles were only going for me as another was launched from the black abyss toward my stomach. My splinters were easily able to knock it off course this time as I could easily see where they would be coming from. I still was unable to see into that room, despite me close enough to simply walk into it. I know one thing though, I'm not walking through that doorway.

Grif had other plans as they looked at the two paths before before saying, "I don't know about you London but if we want to get the hell out of this dream once and for all, then you'll go through this one and I'll go through the other one."

"What? I'm not doing that. You go through that one." I said as Grif looked at me unamused.

"Are you scared? Seriously?" Only a few words are needed to hurt someone and that's exactly what Grif said as another bottle flew past us. What am I supposed to say, that I'm a coward for whatever is throwing those things. I mean, think about it. If everything here is what Jose imagines or feels, then the thing that's throwing the bottles must be something horrifying or strong. Well, after my pride and dignity was put on the line, it's not like I can decline now. I gritted my teeth and scoffed at Grif while walking into the darkness, both of us giving each other one final glance before going our separate ways.