Chapter 4: No Longer Alone Part 1

How many times have I woken up like this now? I didn't really want to think about anything right now, except to think about how to enjoy this short weekend. Sunday, normally a pretty stressful day with school on the horizon but it's not like I had time on Saturday to relax, getting up just to be lazy on the couch. Ask anyone, being lazy in your own bed is just not the same on the couch or at a friend's house. Not only that but I always seem to wake up at a noon on Sunday, which means I have even less time to be lazy.

 Actually, people may not understand that logic but there has to be a certain amount of time to do just nothing. With dad at work too, I can just snatch a cup of noodles or ramen and enjoy this day to the fullest. As I sat half-clothed on the couch, my mind began to wander as I realized something serious... something no-one should ever forget. Today wasn't just a normal relaxing day, it was group relaxing day. I rushed over to the calendar to see that the group was having a picnic at Liberty Park in thirty minutes, and it would take over an hour for me to walk down there. 

With no time to waste, I jumped into some clothes I found in the closest, put the half-eaten raw ramen in my mouth, and bolted down the sidewalk. Of course, I brought my keys but really nothing else, what else would I need with my friends. The routine of running a few feet and then taking a bite out of the raw ramen repeated itself for maybe twenty minutes before it was completely gone, letting me sprint like Usain Bolt. I wasn't really a runner though, closing my eyes in desperation as I tried to focus my breathing. It never helped but it was kind of a habit now after all those years wishing and praying while running away from Jose's gang.

Suddenly as I held my eyes closed, I slammed into someone, sending both of us onto the ground. Whoever they were, they felt like a brick wall... well, no, maybe a wooden wall. 'Good job London' is what I thought to myself as I slowly began to open my eyes and apologize. 

They were faster with their words as the familiar voice shouted from the ground, "Who the fu- You?". 

I forced my eyes open this time to see Jackson getting up and patting off his clothes, "Oh, Jackson, what are you doing...here?" I said without holding back the shock and surprise in my voice.

He kept his same rough tone as he responded, "What? You weren't expecting to see me outside, how stupid can you be, but what does it matter?" Jackson wasn't as built as Jose or Cadell, being mostly a fling on the side with the whole gang. However, His tone made up for it as he was blunt with what he wanted to say. Well, he could still deliver a beating to anyone he didn't like, so he wasn't that weak. Someone else was next to Jackson though, looking at both of us like we were a couple of idiots. They looked feminine with long flowing purple hair and pretty average body. Their face looked almost like a dude though, but I've never seen this person before to know for sure. 

"Well, sorry again but I got to go," I said as I got up and began to walk past them, scared that Jackson might do something. 

Before I could leave though, he suddenly spoke up and with one quick sentence and said, "Now, it probably doesn't matter, but I don't have anything against you. You just had to make enemies with Jose and them so don't fault us." 

I couldn't believe it, I could at least have accepting an apology, causing me to bluntly say, "I had to? Sure, I chose to be treated as if I'm less than every day and in the very least, feel threatened whenever I'm in school. I chose to feel the pain in my ribs for having all of you pummel me. I can still feel the aches in my chest." I don't know what Jackson was doing behind me, whether he was ready to beat me up or had a look of sorrow, I honestly didn't care. 

Still, I stood there waiting for an answer but before Jackson could do anything, the person next to him said, "I will personally say sorry for Jackson's attitude because he'll never do so himself. I'm trying to fix what those assholes ingrained in him. I'm Miriam by the way and I hope you can forgive Jackson or commend him for trying. Unlike them who just continue to act like that." This person, Miriam was right, I could at least see that with Jackson not trying to kill me as soon as our eyes met.