Ch.Nine

Chloe was fuming. She still couldn't believe Warren and Esmè had been having an affair. She knew that deep down, Warren would have been the one to seduce. But she was hurt that Esmè had so easily jumped into bed with him.

Chloe looked up as Marnie walked in. She rolled her eyes. "If you've come to talk to me about those cheating assholes then save it," she said.

Marnie sighed. "Esmè is your sister. She didn't mean it."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "No one held her down. No one forced her did they? No. She slept with my boyfriend and the father of my child," she said.

"You act so saint like. Come and talk to your sister. Hear her out. And if you don't like what she says, then don't forgive her."

"Fine. Let me take Teddy to nursery. She's more important than a cheating whore," she said.

***
Chloe went to the pub. She saw Esmè sitting there. "Mum told me to come and talk to you," she said.

Esmè turned to her. "Oh. Okay. Didn't think you'd want to talk to me again to be honest," she told her.

Chloe shrugged. "I don't. But mum told me to hear you out. So come on. Why did you have an affair with Warren? The father of my child?"

Esmè sighed. "It happened once before. You two had been arguing. And it happened. I told him it couldn't happen again. But he didn't take no for an answer. He kept on perusing me. And I couldn't resist. I know. It's a horrid excuse for this. But it's the truth."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "The thing is, I know what he's like. He's a seducer. And you fell for his charm. He got you pregnant. And you lost it. But did you lose it. Or did he make you have an abortion?"

Esmè shook her head. "No. He didn't know about it. I lost it. No one knows but you."

"Okay. I don't know if I can forgive you for this. You're my sister and I love you. But I just don't know if we can get back what we had before."

Esmè frowned. "Chlo. Come on. You're my sister."

"Yes. I'm your sister. And you slept with my boyfriend. How the hell do you expect me to forgive you?"

Esmè nodded. "Fine. I accept that. I'm leaving tomorrow anyway. I got offered a job in London. So today is my last day here."

"Good."

Chloe turned and walked off. She knew deep down she was being harsh. But she was hurt. She was hurt that her sister had betrayed her like that.

***
Chloe walked through the village. She saw Warren and rolled her eyes. "Your little slag isn't here. She's leaving," she said.

Warren walked over to her. "I don't want her. I want you. And I want our family. Me, you and Teddy."

Chloe scoffed. "No chance. You know, if you hurry, you might catch Esmè before she goes. You could go with her. Because we're done."

Warren smirked. "You're not so innocent are you? Screwing Sami Maalik again? You've been sleeping with him for weeks. Yet you've driven your own sister out of town?"

Chloe rolled her eyes and looked at him. "Esmè can sod off. And so can you. Bye bye."

Warren glared. "I'll be back later babe."

***
Chloe walked through the village. She saw Marnie and James with Esmè. Marnie looked at her. "Aren't you saying goodbye?"

"No. I only have one sister now. Ellie left ages ago and I said goodbye to her then," Chloe said as she walked off.

But could she forgive her sister? Or was the relationship done for good?