Ch.Fifteen

Chloe sighed as she sat in the hotel room with Sami. they hadn't found Esmè yet which was worrying her. She knew she wanted to get her sister back.

Sami smiled. "There's plenty of places we haven't checked yet. She'll be here."

"And what if she isn't? Sami. What if she doesn't want to come back? I wouldn't blame her. I was awful to her. I feel so bad. But she betrayed me. Both her and Warren. She's my sister though. I have to forgive her," Chloe told him.

Sami nodded and kissed her. "You've got that forgiving face babe. Don't worry though. You're going to find her and she's gonna come back with us," he said.

Chloe nodded. She smiled. "What would I do without you?"

"Nothing. You'd be lost."

The two of them kissed again. Sami sighed. "Get dressed. We're off Esmè hunting."

***
Back in the village, Warren was fuming. He hadn't seen his daughter in days. He only saw her when she was with Marnie in the village.

Warren was sick of how the Nightingale's were always interfering in his business. Especially with Teddy. She was his daughter. And he wanted to see her

Warren grabbed his phone and text Chloe;

'You and your family are playing a dangerous game. Keeping me away from my own daughter! - Warren'

He sent the text and sighed. He was sick of how he wasn't allowed to see his daughter. And he was going to make the Nightingale's pay.

***
Chloe rolled her eyes as she saw the text from Warren. She ignored it and looked to Sami. "I'm sitting here thinking... do we get some lunch? Or continue hunting?"

"I'd say some food. We need the strength," Sami told her.

Chloe nodded. She smiled. "Warren has text. He said we're playing a dangerous game. Keeping him away from Teddy. And I'm just not in the mood for it," she told him.

Sami sighed. He took her hand. "Warren is just acting up because he knows that he's in the wrong. And you're punishing him. Which he deserves."

Chloe smiled. She looked to him. "I just think he's pissed that I'm bringing Esmè back to the village. And I'm not ostracising her," she told him.

The two of them walked into a restaurant. Chloe saw Esmè and smiled. "Esmè."

"C-Chloe? What are you doing here?" Esmè asked as she looked to her.

Chloe smiled. "I've come to bring you back. Es. We all miss you. Teddy too."

Esmè shook her head. She sighed. "I'm not coming back. I can't. I caused too much pain. I broke you and Warren up. And I hate myself for that," she mumbled.

Chloe took her hand and smiled. "I don't blame you Esmè. I'm hurt yes. But I got over it. And mum wants you back," she said.

Esmè wiped away her tears. She sighed. "I can't. I'm sorry," she mumbled.

Chloe watched as Esmè walked off. Chloe wasn't giving up. She followed her. "And why can't you come back? There's obviously a reason."

"I'm pregnant. With Warren's baby. And I can't be in the village. I can't have this baby around him," Esmè said as she looked to her.

Chloe sighed. She pulled her close and held her. "You're going to be okay. You're going to come back to the village. And you're going to be happy. Okay?" She said.

"I-I can't."

***
Chloe and Sami arrived back in the village. Sami sighed. "You tried. She doesn't want to be here. We can't force her," he said.

Chloe nodded and sighed. She looked to him. "I miss her though. She's my little sister. She's pregnant and alone in London."

Before Sami could say anything, a man walked over. "Chloe Nightingale? You've been served."

Chloe opened the letter she had gotten. She paled. "Warren... he's applied for full custody of teddy. He wants to fight me in court. Well bring it on."

But Chloe had no idea of the war that was about to happen between her and Warren Fox.