Ch.Sixteen

Chloe Nightingale stormed through the village. She was going to kill Warren Fox. He was trying to take her daughter away. And she wasn't going to let him.

Chloe saw him standing outside of price slice. She glared. "Who the hell do you think you are? Trying to take my child from me?" She spat.

Warren smirked. "Chloe. Lovely to see you. You don't have Teddy. Guessing she's palmed off somewhere."

Chloe scoffed as she looked to him. "She's in daycare. I enrolled her so she could make some friends. So that she isn't a little loner when she grows up. Not like her scumbag father who has no friends at all."

Warren glared. He grabbed her. "You don't know who you're messing with. I'm not going to let you get away with taking my daughter from me."

"You're the one who's trying to take her away. What do you think? The courts will take her from me and hand her over to her father who is a criminal? You're delusional Warren. An actual pig. You won't take her. I will kill you before I lose my baby to you," Chloe spat.

Warren smirked. "Let's hope it doesn't come to murder then. Because I think we both know who will be winning."

"Done it before haven't you? Murdered an ex? Like riding a bike isn't it?"

"Don't call yourself a bike."

"Screw you."

***
Chloe was sitting with Sami. She had her head rested on his shoulder and sighed. "This is going to turn ugly with me and Warren. And I'm not looking forward to it," she admitted.

Sami kissed her. "It will be okay. I promise."

"He's right."

Chloe looked up as Esmè was stood there. She stood up and pulled her into an hug. "I thought you weren't coming back?" She asked.

Esmè smiled. "Mum called. She told me what Warren was doing. So I'm here to help. If I can. But I don't want him knowing I'm pregnant. As soon as this is all sorted, I'm going back to London."

Chloe nodded. Thankful that she wasn't on her own with all of this. "I'm scared that I'm going to lose my daughter to him."

Esmè shook her head and took her hand. "You won't. I promise. Warren is the one who will lose everything. I promise," she told her.

Chloe smiled. She sighed. "How far gone are you?" She asked.

"Four months. I'm just not looking forward to being back. I don't want him to know I'm back. But I know it's going to be hard," Esmè said.

"We've got this. I know we have."

***
Chloe walked through the village with Teddy. Teddy giggled. "Can I see daddy today? I miss him."

Chloe sighed. She looked into her little girls eyes and smiled. "Honey. Daddy is being naughty. He's trying to take you away from me so I can't see you again," she told her.

Teddy frowned. She shook her head. "Dats being silly. Daddy no wants to take me ways. I live with mummy."

"But daddy wants you to live with him. Where I can't see you again. And I don't want that."

Teddy started crying. Chloe picked her up and held her close. Chloe knew she didn't want to involve teddy in this. But she knew that it was the only way to help her.

***
Chloe had just put Teddy to sleep. She heard a knock at the door and sighed. She opened it to see Warren. "Can I help you?" She asked.

"I want to see Teddy."

Chloe shook her head. "Sorry. No. She's asleep. And for future reference, any communication between you and I can be done through our lawyers. Welcome to a 21st century custody battle. Mum's win them now," Chloe said as she shut the door on him.

Unaware of the war that this was about to begin.