7 Months Later...

*LATE APRIL 2021*

It took me two cycles to eventually get pregnant. But hey, in the end it was a success.

I woke up one morning feeling sick and when the smell of coffee hit me, it gave me the push I needed to puke, I'd just hope I could get to the bathroom in time but... nope. I spent the next ten minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor when a lightbulb appeared behind my eyes and I went to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test. Or five. Yeah, I took five... just to be sure, you know?

I got five positive tests back. I was over the moon and immediately called Doctor Young in order to set all of the appointments I needed. Then, the next stop I had to make was at the cemetery. I went to my mum's grave, sat on the dirt, which was the product of the rain of the day before, and told her the news. Soon enough, I started crying my eyes out: no matter how many months it had been since my mum passed, the pain was still there, fresh as a bleeding wound. I made sure no one was around me, so I could cry freely and not having to worry about strangers hearing or seeing me in so much pain.

I was granted that bliss for less than five minutes, then a black haired man approached me, asking if I was physically fine. I very much appreciated the fact that he was so careful with his words. "Physically fine", not just "fine". He implied the fact that it was okay to cry for the loss of a person, but seeing me on the ground weeping must have been worrisome, it must have looked like I was injured or something. Wiping away most of my tears I nodded, not really making eye contact and said, "yes, yes, I'm alright, thank you."
I thought he would have just walked away, but then I saw his hand holding something near my head, a handkerchief I later realized, so I stretched out my hand as well and took it, thanking him again. When I was done drying my face, he was gone.

*PRESENT DAY, SEPTEMBER 2021*

*5 MONTHS PREGNANT*

I'm walking beside a playground, the sun is shining and I'm enjoying the warmth on my face. Hands in my pockets, earphones on. Today I'm having my second ecography done. Usually you'd find out about the sex of the baby, but I'm not sure I wanna know that yet. My mum used to tell me that she would've loved to have a grandson to spoil and my usual response was something like "I'd love to see that...but just know that I would do everything in my power to prevent him from being spoiled TOO MUCH."

Now I'm here just wishing that my potential son could have a grandma. I keep telling myself that she will be remembered, my baby will be able to see and hear her thanks to the thousands of videos I made throughout the years, but I just wished that they could have been able to fall into those warm arms of hers. She had arms that could protect you from everything, even the sky falling down.

But I'm so lost in my thoughts... that I don't even see the bike coming directly towards me.

I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't even realize I am lying on the sidewalk for a couple of seconds, arms spread wide at my sides.

I'm so lost in my thoughts... I don't even realize my right arm is laying in the street, a prey for speeding cars, and that's why I don't bother move it when I see a car about to crush it.

*

"Someone call 911, she's pregnant!"

"I've already called it, an ambulance is coming, they're asking if she's bleeding... There. Is she bleeding?"

"I don't think she's bleeding, but her arm! Her arm, oh my goodness I can't even watch."

*

What the hell is happening? Why is everything so damn bright, ugh my eyes are killing me.

But then it all goes black and I venture into the nothingness.